Moving Do I Need To Winterize

BigK75

Hey Folks:

I have a Sundance Optima and I moving to a new city for a new job. The company that will be moving us, has told us they will move the hot tub for us but I have disconnect and drain the water. My question is "Do I have to winterize the hot tub or can I just drain it". We live in Canada and we already have snow and minus temperature so whatever is at the bottom and in the pipes will definitely freeze.

Any help you can provide will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Claude

I would drain the spa really good including getting a shop vac and sucking every drop of water that you can through the jets, etc. Also, I would get a big pair of channel locks and disconnect (unscrew) the unions on all the pumps (I usually have the shop vac head sitting there once I unscrew to catch residual water). This should get you in good shape.

Hey Folks:

I have a Sundance Optima and I moving to a new city for a new job. The company that will be moving us, has told us they will move the hot tub for us but I have disconnect and drain the water. My question is "Do I have to winterize the hot tub or can I just drain it". We live in Canada and we already have snow and minus temperature so whatever is at the bottom and in the pipes will definitely freeze.

Any help you can provide will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Claude

In addition to what AdmiralDave suggested, I recommend you also remove the drain plug and not replace it until you have the tub set up in its new location. Like a boat, don't launch the tub without replacing the drain plug. Just remember to replace it before you start filling the tub with water.

gman B)

If outdoor temperatures are already well below freezing I guess part of the challenge is to work quickly. That is, once you drain the tub you probably want to try to Shop Vac any water out before it freezes. I might be tempted to hire a local spa dealer to do this as they probably know what to do and be fairly quick at it.

I guess it really depends what part of Canada too. Here it's definitely winter and quite below normal temperatures.