Gunite Shell For The Winter

masanori

A few months back We had a gunite shell installed. The shell is 8 inches thick on the bottom 12 inches on the sides. When the hole was dug item 4 was put in the deep side. Do I need to fill the pool with water? I was told by my pool builder to add water up to the first step. That would be aprox 14000 gals. Im not sure why it needs water. In the spring it will all be wasted

The water will help keep the shell in the ground. If you get a high water table, the shell could be pushed up by the hydrostatic pressure.

Also, if you don't follow the builder's instructions, then they could blame you for a variety of problems. Following their instructions helps to keep them responsible for the results.

What is "item 4"?

The water will help keep the shell in the ground. If you get a high water table, the shell could be pushed up by the hydrostatic pressure.

Also, if you don't follow the builder's instructions, then they could blame you for a variety of problems. Following their instructions helps to keep them responsible for the results.

What is "item 4"?

Item 4 is gravel. I also have hydrostatic valves in the pool. I called the pool builder and he states he wants the water to freeze not the shell