Condensation In The Spa Housing/enclosure

xgteks

Hello -

I have a Sundance Cameo Spa and it is partially in-ground mounted. The enclosure that the pumps and plumbing are housed in, there is a lot of condensation buildup causing the pump/motors to short. I know that I have to replace the shorted motors but I need to find out what is causing the condensation buildup before I replace those units. What can cause this condensation problem???

Please help...

When you say "partially in ground" how partially in the ground is it? Is it sunk deep enough to restrict/eliminate air flow through the cabinet, and thereby allow condensation to build up? Most/all cabinets have some sort of venting (holes or slots) incorporated to prevent the equipment bay overheating in hot conditions. Airflow via these vents will also help avoid damp conditions/condensation in the equipment bay.

If it is sunken in the ground is rain water collecting beneath the tub?

Do you have a leak somewhere?

When you say "partially in ground" how partially in the ground is it? Is it sunk deep enough to restrict/eliminate air flow through the cabinet, and thereby allow condensation to build up? Most/all cabinets have some sort of venting (holes or slots) incorporated to prevent the equipment bay overheating in hot conditions. Airflow via these vents will also help avoid damp conditions/condensation in the equipment bay.

If it is sunken in the ground is rain water collecting beneath the tub?

Do you have a leak somewhere?

The spa is half in the ground and half out with a custom tile enclosure. My first thought was perhaps a proper venting system obstruction but I could not see anything that seemed to be venting out, except for the access doors to the equipment. Also, it seems that the condensation is only on one side of the equipment "cabinet". I was not able to find a leak but the condensation is not only on the plumbing and motors/pumps but also seen on the overhead tiles as if everything is sweating. Is there an environment/humidity control unit for the interior of the "cabinet"? Perhaps some kind of blower?

thanks for your help.

Sounds like it may be nothing more than lack of basic ventilation. Try propping one or both of the access doors slightly ajar for a day or two - if that fixes the problem then you have your answer, and you could look at drilling some discreet ventilation holes in the custom tiling and/or the access doors.

A blower is probably overkill, but if you can overcome electrical-water safety issues I guess you could jerry rig something up.

Sounds like it may be nothing more than lack of basic ventilation. Try propping one or both of the access doors slightly ajar for a day or two - if that fixes the problem then you have your answer, and you could look at drilling some discreet ventilation holes in the custom tiling and/or the access doors.

A blower is probably overkill, but if you can overcome electrical-water safety issues I guess you could jerry rig something up.

thanks for your help and I will run the system with the access doors open to see if that solves the issue. I will post the outcome.

thanks again.