Help Me Restart

lil_country

I need to get my water balanced. I did the spa flush treatment and refilled the tub. I have well water, so I used a RV inline filter to fill. It is a 450 gallon tub. I've added metal gone stuff (don't know if I have metal or not). I also added the brom start. I tested the water, and here is what I have;

67 degrees at test

TA = 160

CH = 100

PH = 7.1

Didn't test for bromine.

Is there a particular order I should use in adjusting these? I think I need to bring the TA down. From what I've read here, I need to add some acid - but I don't know what kind or where the best place to get it is. What do I need to add and how much.

Aerate until your pH gets to 7.9 and then add enough 31.45 % muriatic (hydrochloric) acid to lower it to 7.1. Continue to do this until your TA gets to about 100 ppm. Then allow the pH to settle at a level to see if you need to lower the TA any more, or leave it at 100 ppm.

A calcium of 100 ppm is fine, I would leave it there.

You can get muriatic acid from any hardware store

You can use the the pool calculator to calculate your CSI and to determine dosages of chemicals to add.