bluerdg

Hello, long story short, I was looking at upgrading from an Intex to an above ground for my son, when a friend buying a new house offered to let me have an 18'x33' oval at the new property if I'd come take it down. It was installed with an expandable liner (found to be damaged during disassembly) but there was a new 48" liner in box that was coming with it as well as all the tools, toys and some related yard furniture, so it was a no brainer. After carefully cataloging, organizing and storing all the parts and pieces, I began the process of laying out the pool. What I've found is 33' is pushing the limits of the space where the pool will go. After review of the installation process, I've decided it would be better to eliminate one section from the sides, which will result in a 18'x29' pool and give more adequate space to construct a deck and access platform. I'm not too concerned about the excess length of the liner as it's an overlap, but I'm wondering if the additional 4' in length could be utilized in the same fashion as an expandable liner. I'd imagine that true expandable liners allow for extra length all around to accommodate the width and length but I cannot find any actual specs on expandable liners to get a feel for how much. I've got 4' excess length that should be more than sufficient to allow for an additional 1' of depth in one end of the pool. I suppose I could go ahead and excavate a tapered drop and see how it works(can always fill it in) but I figured somebody here might have some clues and examples that might give me some direction. I appreciate any input anyone might have.