I Need Help Nobody Will Reply Need A Tech Help

dshane01

the power light is blinking and the circulating pump is not running and the red light that says control unplugged is on in the iq compartment iam pulling my hair out this is a 2004 hotsprings sovereign new to hottubs please help

I just discovered the same issue this morning. Blinking power light, spa not running. I went to the breaker and threw the switches and then turned them back on.....within 30 seconds the pump shut off and the blinking power light began again. Unable to find a breaker inside the spa itself. I will await any suggestions here as well before calling a technician. As my screen name says, I have an `01 Hot Springs Grandee.

Most Common Causes

* Dirty or clogged circulation pump filter

* Low flow from the 24 hour circulation pump

* Non-operative high limit thermistor

* Inoperative Control box

I have a HS and this is out of my manual

i just cleaned my filters and the circulation pump isnt coming on at all and where is the high limit thermistor at and i just put in a new topside control board it is like something is turned off in the control box the light dont work either nothing just blinking power light

Most Common Causes

* Dirty or clogged circulation pump filter

* Low flow from the 24 hour circulation pump

* Non-operative high limit thermistor

* Inoperative Control box

I have a HS and this is out of my manual

i just cleaned my filters and the circulation pump isnt coming on at all and where is the high limit thermistor at and i just put in a new topside control board it is like something is turned off in the control box the light dont work either nothing just blinking power light

i checked the high limit resistor and it s good and the other one is good on the ohm meter but still nothing

Check for 110v to the circ pump. If voltage is present and the circ isn't overheating, it likely has either a bad capacitor or bad windings and requires replacement. If 110v is not present, reset the logic (turn the breaker off/ on and retest). If voltage is still not present, confirm 110v at the logic system's line feed (at the terminal block). In either case, if voltage is not at the terminal block or voltage is not present after reset, you likely need a tech or an electrician.

As I stated in the other post, I would need to see pics of the wiring first to confirm that it is done correctly. Since it was working at the previous location but not now, I would suspect the wirirng first.

Your description of what is happening is not common and my guess would be that it may have been wired wrong and blew the box. I can't help you with anything without pics of the breaker wiring and the control box wires and configuration.

As I stated in the other post, I would need to see pics of the wiring first to confirm that it is done correctly. Since it was working at the previous location but not now, I would suspect the wirirng first.

Your description of what is happening is not common and my guess would be that it may have been wired wrong and blew the box. I can't help you with anything without pics of the breaker wiring and the control box wires and configuration.

idont know how to upload pics but i am 100 % sure it is wired to the tub correctly just the way the diagram on the inside of the iq 2020 box shows same wire size and breakers and yes i agree about the blown box somebody els tinkered with this tub before me

Check for 110v to the circ pump. If voltage is present and the circ isn't overheating, it likely has either a bad capacitor or bad windings and requires replacement. If 110v is not present, reset the logic (turn the breaker off/ on and retest). If voltage is still not present, confirm 110v at the logic system's line feed (at the terminal block). In either case, if voltage is not at the terminal block or voltage is not present after reset, you likely need a tech or an electrician.

I really like this post. very informative.Thanks.

What do you get for voltage between terminal 2 and 5 on the hot tub terminal board?

How about voltage between 4 and 5?

Is there anything connected to the pin in the upper right area that says "pressure switch"

i am getting 110 and 220 and yes to pressure switch

If you are getting 220 volts between 4-5 then something is wrong. That is the circut that provides 110 volts to the circ pump, so having 220 there may have blown a transformer or something in the control box.

Wiring Check

Just to make sure you don't have a cover from another HS control box showing the wrong wiring - it has happened.

According to HS owners manual wiring diagram is as follows for a 2004 Sovereign® (Model II)

Terminals #

#1 L1 from the 30A breaker

#2 L1 from the 20A breaker

#3 L2 from the 30A breaker

#4 L2 from the 20A breaker

#5 N from the 20A breaker

Line1 or line2 will be either red, blue or black

N will of course be white

The Green should attach to the system ground terminal

As per 'Dan.The.Spa.Man' and the above terminal layout voltage should read 110 between 4-5.

Dave

What do you get for voltage between terminal 2 and 5 on the hot tub terminal board?

Is there anything connected to the pin in the upper right area that says "pressure switch"

If you are getting 220 volts between 4-5 then something is wrong. That is the circut that provides 110 volts to the circ pump, so having 220 there may have blown a transformer or something in the control box.

iam getting 110 volts at 4and 5

iam getting 110 volts at 4and 5

To be quite honest with you, it is always very suspect to me when a HotSPring/Tiger River/Caldera tub has problems operating after it has been moved and was working properly before.

I asked about the wiring sereral times and you posted that it was done to specs. So I asked in a back-door-way about voltage to see if the tub may have been wired wrong and you told me the wrong voltage for what it was supposed to be, leading me to believe that it was indeed wired wrong.

Then when I questioned it you told me a different voltage, so I don't know what to tell you.

It sounds like it may have been wired wrong and the control box is blown, but without knowing for sure I don't want you to get another control box and have the same thing happen. Without pictures or knowing if wires got changed around to try and make it work I don't know what to tell you.

You even mentioned that it looked like someone had been tinkering with it, so who knows? try setting up an account on photobucket.com Very easy to upload pics from there.

ok i have this thing wired correctly i verified it by a hotsprings dealer in my area so if that is still worrying you now you no and i dont know if it was working before i got it or not but this is the problem i am getting now the dealer tech says i have possibly a blown iq but was wanting to know for sure before i spend 500$

Definitely sounds like a blown box, but based on the fact that you said someone may have tinkered around it may be worth figuring out how to post up a picture. Who knows what someone tried to do to get it to work, I've seen everything (relays bypassed, wires wire-nutted together from breaker to breaker, etc.) You could even have some jumpers in the wrong places. Hate to see you get a new box if a wire is in the wrong place. (not just your wiring, but the wiring that is already in the box which could have been altered)

Definitely sounds like a blown box, but based on the fact that you said someone may have tinkered around it may be worth figuring out how to post up a picture. Who knows what someone tried to do to get it to work, I've seen everything (relays bypassed, wires wire-nutted together from breaker to breaker, etc.) You could even have some jumpers in the wrong places. Hate to see you get a new box if a wire is in the wrong place. (not just your wiring, but the wiring that is already in the box which could have been altered)

well ihave give on this thing calling in a tech putin a new iq box and still nothing control unplugged light still blinking and power light blinking