How Long To Wait Between The Addition Of Chems?

CubGirl

I have had my hot tub since April, and have been on a fairly steep learning curve re: water chemistry. Usually the only issue is that my Ph is too high. I have an Arctic Spa Cub Onzen salt system (which I LOVE BTW), but this system often pushes up the Ph level. However, my question is this:

After adding "Perfect Balance" to bring up the TA level, how long should I wait before adding the "Adjust Down"? After adding the "Adjust down," how long do I need to wait to add the Aquafinesse?

Thanks!

The TA needs to be where it keeps the pH stable. If the pH is constantly too high, then the TA is too high. If the pH is constantly too low, then the TA is too low. When the TA is just right, then the pH will stay in the correct range with very little movement.

It is counterproductive to add TA up and then pH down. If your pH is high, add enough acid to lower it to about 7.8 without going lower, and allow the TA to end up wherever it needs to. Don't feel like you have to keep the TA at some predetermined range.

I don't know about Aquafinesse, so I cannot comment on its use. However, you should generally wait at least 1 hour between additions of different chemicals.

Some chemicals need more time separation, such as calcium chloride and sodium carbonate. If you are not sure, then wait at least 8 hours between additions.