No Ingredients Listed On The Label

txpita

Hi...I am real new to forums and a brand new spa owner...thank you in advance for any help/advice. I bought a HS Vanguard three months ago. I STRONGLY dislike my local dealer and will not step foot in his store again. That being said--I am pretty much on my own and have been ordering chemicals online.

I am using the Fresh Water spa care kit that came with my tub and for the most part I am happy with that. My fear is that (considering I have NO clue what I am doing) I might use the wrong product and cause tub/warrantee issues. With that thought in mind, I ordered a Nature2 "kit" from Spa Depot. The bulk of this kit is under the brand name Spa Choice and does not have any of the ingredients listed on label. I was hoping to match the ingredients and have some peace of mind that I am useing the correct items.

Should I just go for it and hope my Spa Depot kit is the same as my Fresh Water spa kit?

I can't speak to what Spa Depot puts in their Nature2 kit, but the Freshwater kit is just a Hot Spring branded chlorine-based kit. It seems to come with dichlor as the sanitizer, MPS spa shock, pH up and down, defoamer, etc. Nature2 makes the Freshwater cartridge for Hot Spring, but you may prefer to keep using the Freshwater cartridge because the size is especially made for them. The standard Nature2 stick isn't a perfect fit. Each of those products in the HS kit are pretty readily available under other brands. i.e. for Leisure Time:

Concentrated Chlorinating Granules = Spa 56 Chlorinating Granules

MPS Oxidizer = Renew

pH Up = Spa Up

pH Down = Spa Down

Defoamer = Foam Down

Stain & Scale = Defender

• 1 month later...

I can't speak to what Spa Depot puts in their Nature2 kit, but the Freshwater kit is just a Hot Spring branded chlorine-based kit. It seems to come with dichlor as the sanitizer, MPS spa shock, pH up and down, defoamer, etc. Nature2 makes the Freshwater cartridge for Hot Spring, but you may prefer to keep using the Freshwater cartridge because the size is especially made for them. The standard Nature2 stick isn't a perfect fit. Each of those products in the HS kit are pretty readily available under other brands. i.e. for Leisure Time:

Concentrated Chlorinating Granules = Spa 56 Chlorinating Granules

MPS Oxidizer = Renew

pH Up = Spa Up

pH Down = Spa Down

Defoamer = Foam Down

Stain & Scale = Defender

Close.

If you are going to use Nature2/AG+, stick with the Hot Spring product. It is designed to easily fit in the grey stand pipe. You can buy it on line.

curious what the issue is with your dealer. You might want to resolve, as they will be doing your warranty work should you need any.