Diy Fiberglass Pools

Hello I am new to the board and have a couple questions. I am kind of in a hurry right now so I thought I would just ask this one first, I am located in Northwest Ohio and my boyfriend and I are thinking about getting a Fiberglass pool and have been looking around. In order to save some money and be able to spend more on the patio and surrounding stuff we were looking into the DIY kits that you can get and was wondering if there is anyone on here that has ever done this. We have friends that have the equipment to help with digging the hole and that kind of stuff, and was told that you the company you buy the pool with you do hire for some of the time but we need to go speak with some other pool companies first and decide who we would buy with etc... But I am still a little worried about doing this and was wondering if any one else could give me some opinions on this, I keep hearing that lots of people do this but I thought I would ask about it here.

Thanks for everyone's time!! :)

We didn't do it ourselves but I can tell you what's involved. My installer had plans for the hole. Told him how deep, the angles of the bottom, etc. After you dig the hole you need to ensure that once filled in the entire bottom is on firm ground. The base was 3/8 inch crushed stone. Same material was used to fill in the sides.

Fiberglass pools tend to pop out of the ground if the water level of the soil gets really high or if you drain the pool. Mt installer installed a 6 inch PVC pipe straight down about six feet so that any ground water can escape.

Also to level the pool my installer used a laser level. I think you can rent one.

As long as your fiberglass pool supplier helps out with plans and advise, you can do it.

• 2 months later...

You should call Water World in New Jersey, they will ship to you and help you install it, with their crew from the factory. You just need a hole, and some stone, and then you do your decking when its all done. I would say visit their site online. waterworldpools.com and give them a call. I have suggested a few of my friends and relatives there, worked well for us. Good luck.

Hello I am new to the board and have a couple questions. I am kind of in a hurry right now so I thought I would just ask this one first, I am located in Northwest Ohio and my boyfriend and I are thinking about getting a Fiberglass pool and have been looking around. In order to save some money and be able to spend more on the patio and surrounding stuff we were looking into the DIY kits that you can get and was wondering if there is anyone on here that has ever done this. We have friends that have the equipment to help with digging the hole and that kind of stuff, and was told that you the company you buy the pool with you do hire for some of the time but we need to go speak with some other pool companies first and decide who we would buy with etc... But I am still a little worried about doing this and was wondering if any one else could give me some opinions on this, I keep hearing that lots of people do this but I thought I would ask about it here.

Thanks for everyone's time!! :)