Nature 2 Cartridge Same As Vision Cartridge?

twiggy

I have a D1 spa with ozonator and they recommend using the Vision Spa Sanitizer cartridge which costs about $90. It is .92% metallic silver (from silver nitrate). It is a Nature 2 produce but is manufactured for D1. It is a flat cartridge that sits on the top of the filter looks a bit like a frisbie. MY Question is does anyone know the difference between this and the Nature 2 cartridge (tall yellow that goes in the middle of the filter). The Nature 2 is a lot cheaper and so I would prefer to buy that unless anyone tells me there is an advantage to the Vision.

Many thanks for any help in advance...

Twiggy - I believe that all that you wrote is correct about the Vision and Nature2 cartridges. Although the Vision can be found for less than $90, the N2 can be found for about 1/3 the price of the Vision.

Advantages to Vision? It is made specifically for the D1 filter and is easily attached to the top. Can you install the Vision in your D1 filter (I am going to buy one and try it myself)? It has more content and lasts 6 months vs 4 months for the N2. Note that these estimated service lives are rather vague and do not seem to be qualified by assumed spa size or pattern of use. If you are one of those folks who likes to stretch out the time between water changes the Vision would likely continue to provide benefit over a longer time.

Personally I like the Vision cartridge and would like to buy it from my dealer but I am not willing to pay the $90 you mentioned. I plan to change my water every two - three months so the "6 month" life would be of no benefit to me. I will probably buy N2 on line for approx $20 but may just do without. I'll keep an N2 cartridge on hand so that if I am planning a trip out of town during the next fill I'll use it just to have a little more cushion with sanitation using Notro's Dichlor / Bleach method.

Are you the aging model? Do you have an ozonator - probably yes with a D1?

Yes I have an ozonator. the D1 is 1 year old - about 300 gallons. Last time I waited 6 months to change water but this time am going to change after 4 months. I am using Nitro's bleach method but just went out of town for 5 days and came home to green water even though I shocked right before I left by adding bleach. I think the problem was that I turned the temperature down and the ozonator and circ pump were not running enough (as they do not run if in cool down mode). I have since switched to summer mode and the circ pump is now running full time. I am going to change the water as the chlorine does not seem to be retaining any more. Perhaps I need to add more CYA since I have added a little fresh water but I think it is easier to do a fresh fill. Will try the N2 cartridge but first will check to see if it will fit inside the filter. I am having problem with foam when jets run - looks like a bubble bath - any suggestions on that?

Thanks for all the info...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I have an ozonator. the D1 is 1 year old - about 300 gallons. Last time I waited 6 months to change water but this time am going to change after 4 months. I am using Nitro's bleach method but just went out of town for 5 days and came home to green water even though I shocked right before I left by adding bleach. I think the problem was that I turned the temperature down and the ozonator and circ pump were not running enough (as they do not run if in cool down mode). I have since switched to summer mode and the circ pump is now running full time. I am going to change the water as the chlorine does not seem to be retaining any more. Perhaps I need to add more CYA since I have added a little fresh water but I think it is easier to do a fresh fill. Will try the N2 cartridge but first will check to see if it will fit inside the filter. I am having problem with foam when jets run - looks like a bubble bath - any suggestions on that?

Thanks for all the info...

Your problem with foam could simply be detergent in your swim suits or lotions on your skin. I had that problem when I got my first tub and that's what I was told. I personally think that I was using too many chemicals by following the directions from the spa dealer. I always kept my spa up to temp and ready to go and started just super chlorinating once per week and putting about a tablespoon of chlorine in at least 5 minutes before getting in. It had an ozonator and after I just started doing that I never had any problems. You could also have a problem if you use that stuff that adds scent to the water.

• 9 months later...