New Circuit Board

chagler

Thank you in advance for helping me with this matter.

My problem - when I press the control panel for either pump motor to turn on, they will, but on high speed only, there is no long a 2 speed option. In the past, I was abel to press the panel button once for low speed, and again for high speed, and again to turn off the pump motors.

I purchased a Saratoga spa 10+ years ago. Professionally installed. 2 motors (V-230, Hp - 3.6, A 8.6/2.8, RPM 3450 / 1725), blower, 7 button control panel.

Over the years, I've replaced both motors, contorl panel and the heater 3-4 times. 2 months ago everyting was working fine. Checked on spa, no power. I decided to replace the circuit board (Balboa 53170-01). After installing the new board - still nothing worked then I decided to replace the fuse - the fuse was the problem. Since I can't return the circuit board (it is now officially used), I've decided to make it work.

Everything works - contorl panel, lights, blower, heater, and both motors, but only the high speed is working. I ordered the board from MidAmerica Parts. I have called and talked with them 3 times, always being promised a call back, but so far - no call. Never again will I order from them. The board came with a single schematic showing what pins needed to be configured. The following are the current Pin settings:

J10 is set to 1 pin, J8 - circ pump enabled, J7 - B - standard, J25 - 50/80 - 1pump/2pump, j12 spa light voltage, j17 - 1 - spa light, j16 - ozone enabled, j15 - freeze - open.

Does any one have any idea wht Pin setting I need to change or how I can get my hands on better instructions?

I am assuming from what you said that you still have the old board, and it still works? If you have the pin settings identical on the new board as the old board, that new board may not be configured for 2 speed pumps. If the old board still works, why not just put it back in?