Just Got Levels Aok But Nervous About Going On A Short Vacation

no3putts

I've worked hard since opening the pool June 1st to get my pool water balanced (ph, total chlorine, alkalinity all good, metals out and filters degreased, washed etc., algaecide in (non copper)) but I've noticed a slight cloudiness that lasted all day-I had recently added 7.5 lbs.of baking soda to raise my alkalinity. Unfortunately it started raining mid afternoon so checking clarity b4 sundown was difficult. I'm leaving home for 4 days tomorrow at 4 am. So I've decided to leave the filtration pump running continuously and set my salt chlorinator to run for 5 hrs. per day. Assuming my Polaris Auto Clear Plus system is all good and salt levels good (they are), is this sufficient for four days. Should I ask my housesitter to add an amount of muriatic acid? I sound like a nervous nelly, but 2 years ago when the pool was new I made some $$$$ mistakes. Oh yeah, I'm a newbie here. Thanks in advance for your help.

I've worked hard since opening the pool June 1st to get my pool water balanced (ph, total chlorine, alkalinity all good, metals out and filters degreased, washed etc., algaecide in (non copper)) but I've noticed a slight cloudiness that lasted all day-I had recently added 7.5 lbs.of baking soda to raise my alkalinity. Unfortunately it started raining mid afternoon so checking clarity b4 sundown was difficult. I'm leaving home for 4 days tomorrow at 4 am. So I've decided to leave the filtration pump running continuously and set my salt chlorinator to run for 5 hrs. per day. Assuming my Polaris Auto Clear Plus system is all good and salt levels good (they are), is this sufficient for four days. Should I ask my housesitter to add an amount of muriatic acid? I sound like a nervous nelly, but 2 years ago when the pool was new I made some $$$$ mistakes. Oh yeah, I'm a newbie here. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, since you're probably already gone now, I'll make this short. Please indicate what type of pool you have (in-ground or above-ground, vinyl, fiberglass, plaster, pebbletec) and the test results for

Free Chlorine FC

Combined Chlorine CC

Total Chlorine TC

Total Alkalinity TA

Calcium Hardness CH

Cyanuric Acid CYA (aka stabilizer)

Salt

If the levels are reasonably within range, not much can happen in 4 days that will prove costly.