When To Adjust Calcium Hardness To Improve Csi?

Hello,

I have had stable values for pH/TA for about a week and a half in a 500g spa.

Last night's values follow:

T set at 97

pH 7.5 (range has been 7.5/7.6, possibly due to interpreter error)

TA 50 stable

Total Hardness 140

FC 4.0

CC < or 0.5

CYA ~27 ppm (based on 3.36 oz dichlor added since water replacement); have switched to sodium hypochlorite now

Borates ~ 48 ppm

CSI currently about -0.47 by pool calculator. Should I add more calcium chloride now to improve CSI or just leave it at its current level to help prevent foaming given the spa is fiberglass?

Thank you for your help.

T set at 97

TA 50 stable

Total Hardness 140

FC 4.0

CC < or 0.5

CYA ~27 ppm (based on 3.36 oz dichlor added since water replacement); have switched to sodium hypochlorite now

Borates ~ 48 ppm

CSI currently about -0.47 by pool calculator. Should I add more calcium chloride now to improve CSI or just leave it at its current level to help prevent foaming given the spa is fiberglass?

When I ran your numbers via the Pool Calculator and assumed 2/3 of the Total Hardness to be Calcium Hardness (94 ppm) the CSI reports -.62

I don't have useful experience tweaking fiberglass spa chemistry but it seems evident that in addition to increasing pH level to 7.8 or so, a modest increase to calcium may be beneficial. I'd probably increase alkalinity from 50 to 60 ppm and add a couple of ounces of calcium chloride to raise CH from 94 ppm (est.) to 120 ppm. But perhaps QCD and other spa owners here feel that the CSI is best left in negative territory and TA very low in order to keep pH stable.

T set at 97

TA 50 stable

Total Hardness 140

FC 4.0

CC < or 0.5

Borates ~ 48 ppm

When I ran your numbers via the Pool Calculator and assumed 2/3 of the Total Hardness to be Calcium Hardness (94 ppm) the CSI reports -.62

I don't have useful experience tweaking fiberglass spa chemistry but it seems evident that in addition to increasing pH level to 7.8 or so, a modest increase to calcium may be beneficial. I'd probably increase alkalinity from 50 to 60 ppm and add a couple of ounces of calcium chloride to raise CH from 94 ppm (est.) to 120 ppm. But perhaps QCD and other spa owners here feel that the CSI is best left in negative territory and TA very low in order to keep pH stable.

Correction and update:

Should have stated calcium hardness=140 ppm and not total hardness.

Current values:

T 96.8

pH 7.7

TA 70

FC 2.0

CC 0

Borates 48

CSI -0.12

Parameters appear better to me. Is pH of 7.7 OK? My manual suggests 7.4 to 7.6 range. Since I occasionally use MPS prior to longer soaks, pH will likely drop anyway requiring periodic alkalinity adjustments.

How soon after adding sodium hypochlorite do you recheck to FC level to make sure that pool calculator did not over or underestimate the required amount?