Replacement Cover - Canada

wave1

I am looking and replacing my worn out cover for a Hydropool senerity hot tub.

My local senerity dealer is looking for 500.00 taxes and shipping included for this cover.

The original Hydro cover is a very Heavy duy cover..

I have been looking on line for Canadian dealers of covers and found two that seem good

and can save me up to $100.00 on this. The two I am looking at are Hotubcoverscanada.com

and thecoverguy.com (although I suspect they are the same company??).

The prices for the premium cover from Hotubcoverscanada.com

(about $100 savings / standard cover saves about $150.00)

is quite reasonable and specs are as follows

◦environmentally friendly CFC-free insulation with the highest density 680g (1.5 lb) closed cell foam providing an R17.5 insulation rating

foam inserts wrapped in poly bags and heat sealed for minimal water absorption over the life of your cover

◦manufactured using durable marine grade top vinyl with UV & mildew inhibitors to help your cover last for many years

◦thickness of 4" tapering down to 3" to assist moisture runoff as well as an aluminum "C" channel running the entire length of the fold for added support. Heavy snow loads and small animals can be easily supported.

◦folding hinge with double reinforcement and reinforced handles to assist in proper cover removal

◦extensive stitching throughout and extra reinforcing of critical areas

◦4 lockable child safety straps helps protect your children and pets while meeting all ASTM standards for hot tub covers

◦5-year limited warranty

QUESTIONS: Should I bite the bullet and buy the original Hydropool cover or is this one as good as the original? or can someone recommend a Canadian online dealer for a good cover.

Thanks as always

◦environmentally friendly CFC-free insulation with the highest density 680g (1.5 lb) closed cell foam providing an R17.5 insulation rating

Bull! Forget what they, or anyone else says about R value. The general ASTM testing standards for this foam will give ALL 1.5 POUND DENSITY FOAM THE SAME R VALUE. You can though change the testing perameters and get a higher R value.

foam inserts wrapped in poly bags and heat sealed for minimal water absorption over the life of your cover

HA! And HOW thick is this poly? 1 mil? 6 mil? Makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

◦manufactured using durable marine grade top vinyl with UV & mildew inhibitors to help your cover last for many years

Define many? How much UV and mildew inhibitors? 1 oz? 1 ton?...Canada eh? as in 30 below zero winters? Here, here's a coat to wear outside.......Might you be interested in whether it's a wind breaker, or a parka?

◦thickness of 4" tapering down to 3" to assist moisture runoff as well as an aluminum "C" channel running the entire length of the fold for added support. Heavy snow loads and small animals can be easily supported.

Heck, you don't even need the aluminum C channel for them small animals we call mice. You could support a whole herd of them!

◦folding hinge with double reinforcement and reinforced handles to assist in proper cover removal

Marketing babble

◦extensive stitching throughout and extra reinforcing of critical areas

More marketing babble

◦4 lockable child safety straps helps protect your children and pets while meeting all ASTM standards for hot tub covers

Pretty standard with ALL covers

◦5-year limited warranty

READ THE WARRANTY.The cost to you to have a cover repaird or replaced under warranty may cost you MORE than simply buying a new cover.

I concur sir... buy the cover guy cover and when you get it (or the hydropool cover) Unzip it, remove the core, and take some Vapor barrier you use on a house and some tuc tape and re-wrap the core.... then your in business... Oh and go for the 5" cover...