De In Pool

I started to add the DE into the Skimmer and noticed a white stream coming out the return jets into the pool. I do not think this is normal. Before using the filter I had checked all of the grids, one of them did have a hole in it and I replaced it......any help would be appreciated

Double check that non of the grids have a small tear that you over looked, but more than likely you didn't get one of the grids seated well back in the manifold. If one of them is slightly loose it can cause the DE to blow by and back into the pool.

Having the same problem, when the multi-port valve is in filter position, around 30 seconds after putting de into the skimmer, it comes out through all of the jets.

Lets back up a little, when I backwash after vacuuming, (I can see the end of the backwash hose) I turn off the pump and there is still a very small stream or flow of water out the hose. I don't remember this happening in the past. I changed the spider gasket under the multi-port valve, and I have also replaced the valve head itself.

• 3 weeks later...