Hot Springs Vanguard - Thoughts?

My first post after lurking here a lot and reading what I can. Today we basically decided upon the Hot Springs Vanguard. Went into the dealer here in Portland thinking about the Envoy, but didn't care for the lounger nearly as much as I thought we would. Quoted a price of $9500 which does not include a cover lifter, so when all said and done, we're talking $10K.

I'm pretty sure from my research here that the Vanguard and Hot Springs in general is a great choice, so I guess all I'd ask is this: Is this price good/bad/average, and is there any reason why I should consider something else?

I looked at the Jacuzzi J460 as well, but to be honest, I feel a bit better about the dealer and sales guy at HS, and given prices/features, I'm guessing many will also tell me that dealer is just as, if not more, important decision.

Thanks to all the great posters here, as you took a complex process and added a bit of sanity to it. Guess I'm just looking for affirmation of my choice and pricing here.

I don't know about price for that Spa, but most dealers that I talked with included lifter, steps and start up chemicals (and delivery, of course). Your post seems to suggest that you're paying an extra $500 for a lifter- if so, that seems pretty high! I upgraded my lifter from the 'standard' to a Covermate III and paid the difference in price (about $90 or so). Good luck with your final decisions- it is a complex process but you'll be able to melt away all of the stress once the spa is delivered and set up!!

If the $500 is only a cover lifter, you might want to find out what exact lifter that is. We most commonly use the Cover Cradle (not Cover Cradle II) on our Vanguard models. It works very well for us, as we've got hundreds of customers using that lifter. All said and done, a 2010 Vanguard with a cover lifter, delivery and setup, at $10k is what we usually see them go for in our market. I'm sure you'll have a few folks come on the forum shortly after me telling you to haggle more, and that you're being over charged. But folks don't seem to understand that prices vary all over the country.

If you feel comfortable with the asking price, and all the items included, based on your comparative shopping then go for it. Hopefully they're offering a Cover Cradle, as that would be my first choice. :) It's a good product, and made for the Hot Spring spas.

I would have them throw in the Cradle if they will. Jeremiah is right that the price is pretty much in line.

I'm surprised they wouldn't throw it in to seal the deal. With this economy I would be surprised if they didn't haggle at all.

I would have them throw in the Cradle if they will. Jeremiah is right that the price is pretty much in line.

I'm surprised they wouldn't throw it in to seal the deal. With this economy I would be surprised if they didn't haggle at all.

This is where the customer needs to say "throw in the lifter and you have a deal, otherwise I need to see what my other options are". That should get some movement.

• 3 weeks later...

If the $500 is only a cover lifter, you might want to find out what exact lifter that is. We most commonly use the Cover Cradle (not Cover Cradle II) on our Vanguard models. It works very well for us, as we've got hundreds of customers using that lifter. All said and done, a 2010 Vanguard with a cover lifter, delivery and setup, at $10k is what we usually see them go for in our market. I'm sure you'll have a few folks come on the forum shortly after me telling you to haggle more, and that you're being over charged. But folks don't seem to understand that prices vary all over the country.

If you feel comfortable with the asking price, and all the items included, based on your comparative shopping then go for it. Hopefully they're offering a Cover Cradle, as that would be my first choice. :) It's a good product, and made for the Hot Spring spas.

im not sure about your area, but ive seen the Vanguard selling here for 8k delivered, with cover, with steps, with chemicals. thats in florida though...

My first post after lurking here a lot and reading what I can. Today we basically decided upon the Hot Springs Vanguard. Went into the dealer here in Portland thinking about the Envoy, but didn't care for the lounger nearly as much as I thought we would. Quoted a price of $9500 which does not include a cover lifter, so when all said and done, we're talking $10K.

I'm pretty sure from my research here that the Vanguard and Hot Springs in general is a great choice, so I guess all I'd ask is this: Is this price good/bad/average, and is there any reason why I should consider something else?

I looked at the Jacuzzi J460 as well, but to be honest, I feel a bit better about the dealer and sales guy at HS, and given prices/features, I'm guessing many will also tell me that dealer is just as, if not more, important decision.

Thanks to all the great posters here, as you took a complex process and added a bit of sanity to it. Guess I'm just looking for affirmation of my choice and pricing here.

If I had room for a Vanguard I would totally buy one! Now as far as price goes.... I would asume they factor in the cost for freight in and that's why prices are different across the country. There are also other cover lifter's you can get that are a bit cheaper, but $495 for a cover cradle is kinda steep... Would they atleast go half price with you on the cover cradle?