Cloudy Water After Refill

swagmaster

Good Morning, I need some sage wisdom. I just completed my first empty and refill of my Cameo. Been fine for a little over 4 months with no issues. I did a purge the night before (4/9) with some chemicals (Spa System Flush) from Spa Depot. The next morning, the water water disgusting, with a lot of green slime around the water line. I managed to clean it all up. There was also a good deal of scale around the filter intake area that was very difficult to get off with any cleaner. I got off as much as i could using the Spa safe cleaner also from Spa depot, and a little purge chemical on a spange on hard areas. I dried everything off befor refilling and shop vacced out any water in the well. Repluggd and refilled with fresh water added a full bottle of Metal Remover, some bromine boost (sodium bromide), and waited till evening before putting in Bromine cartridge of Spa Frog. TA was around 115, PH=7.5, and calcium was a bit low. Bromine was not registering much at all of course. Water looked great. By Sunday afternoon 4/11, the water was at about .5 for bromine and had a cloudy tint (almost blue) to it. I cleaned the filter, added some MPS. MPS made the bromine level spike to about 2, TA = 100, and ph=7.4ish. Monday, put about 2 oz SeaKlear. I shocked again last night. My problem is that is still looks hazy. All my readings are pretty good, but just not the sparling clear I'm used to. Could there have still been some harsh chemicals in the pipes from the purge? Am I just being impatient? Could it be elf pixies playing games with my OCD?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

When I read about the Spa System Flush today, the description indicated to use it just before you are ready to empty your spa and refill it.

It is supposed to do exactly as you indicated, but the next step is to empty the tub and refill it with fresh water. And I think there was something about MPS too, not sure though.