Spa Unattended For 3 Weeks - Funky Water

Flot

Due to a family emergency I had to leave my spa unattended for about 3 weeks. Prior to that I was using Nature2 with MPS and the occasional dichlor shock, spa gets infrequent (once a week or so) use and had been maintaining VG water quality with minimal maintenance, would check on things every 4-6 days and adjust as needed. Spa also has an ozonator in it.

Anyway, get back after 3 weeks away and the water still looked clean and clear - however, lifting the cover I got a hint of a "sour" smell, almost a spoiled milk type of odor.

Obviously I will be draining and refilling, it's been about 3 months anyway. In the meantime, I dumped in 2x the normal chlorine amount and will circulate that for a while. Is there anything else I should do?

Am I better off overchlorinating it for a couple of days to ensure nothing funky is left in the filters/lines, and then doing the drain/fill?