Caspian

JimKW

I have found a Caspian made by Weslo. Serial # Q03150202 not too far from here. The guy says he bought it from his neighbor and has used almost every day since the Fall and wants to sell it to buy a bigger tub. He thinks it's about four years old. Any way to tell how old it is from the Serial #? Does anybody have experience with this model? In searching this site I found that Caspian is made by Tiger River, was that the case when this one was made? If so this might be a very good deal. It's the least expensive one I have found, but if it's some cheap hot tub I really don't want it.

The guy is holding it for me to come and look at it tomorrow morning. Says he has already had 4 or 5 phone calls about it. Found it on Craigslist and it just came on today. He's wondering if he's selling it too cheap because of all the interest. It does not have water in it, and he does not want to fill it at this time. Says he just drained it because he thought it was better to sell that way. Now he realizes that it's just the opposite based on what the dealer and I ahve said to him.

I said I might give you an earnest money deposit contingent on a wet test. I would hate for somebody to buy it out from under me cause they don't insist on a wet test, but I don't want to bring it home w/o wet testing and he knows that now. Basically I said I will look at and see where we go from there and he agreed to hold until I see it tomorrow morning.

HELP

I looked at the hot tub last night, but didn't buy it. It was in great shape, but I'm not sure it's really a very good hot tub. The cabinet was plastic made to look like wood and felt kind of cheap and the insulation did not look like it was enough. I still have the option to buy it, but I think I really want a higher end hot tub.

I looked at the hot tub last night, but didn't buy it. It was in great shape, but I'm not sure it's really a very good hot tub. The cabinet was plastic made to look like wood and felt kind of cheap and the insulation did not look like it was enough. I still have the option to buy it, but I think I really want a higher end hot tub.

Just so you know, if it was made by Weslo it has nothing to do with the Tiger River Caspian.

Definitely not a Tiger River Caspian based on your description. That serial number is not properly formatted to be a Tiger River spa. And Weslo definitely did not make Tiger River. Tiger River is made by Watkins Manufacturing (makers of Hot Spring Spas).

This is what a Tiger River Caspian looks like by the way:

Tiger River Caspian

Personally, I'm not familiar with "Weslo". However, epinions.com has a few reviews which seem to indicate these can be bought through Wal-Mart (which we all know is about cheap, not necessarily quality). Although I'd be wondering if this could be a trademark infringement. But that's a whole different topic. :)

Their serial number appears simple though: Serial # Q03150202

Possibly manufactured March 15th 2002 (031502)? That's just guessing based on the number, as I don't know how that company formats their numbers.

Kim,

If you want a higher end hot tub, I'd suggest going to check out your local dealers. Chances are there's a Hot Spring or Sundance dealer in your area. Those are both reliable and higher end brands worth looking at. And each brand has different model lines within it so you'll have varying price ranges depending on what you're able/willing to spend. :)