Weird Error Code _._.8 - Balboa Control

pkillur

Turning the GFCI off doesn't make it go away. The odd part is that everything works, and the water temperature appears to be right at where I set it at. Does this mean it's a error code 8? Normally I see nothing just ER(fill in number). I'm not really sure if it's messed up or not - it appears to be acting normally, but when I try and adjust the temperature the display doesn't change.

Turning the GFCI off doesn't make it go away. The odd part is that everything works, and the water temperature appears to be right at where I set it at. Does this mean it's a error code 8? Normally I see nothing just ER(fill in number). I'm not really sure if it's messed up or not - it appears to be acting normally, but when I try and adjust the temperature the display doesn't change.

So I didn't hear back from anyone,but I finally found something on this that helped me. Someone posted somewhere that if you're getting garbage on your topside readout pull a cable modem trick - leave it turned off for 5 minutes. I feel so incredibly dumb as an engineer to have missed the flashing light bulb (steady, actually) that there could be runaway processes running on the PCB!!!

Left it off for 10 minutes or so and all is well again.