New Ozonater Causing White Precipitate?

shanknator

Spa: Coleman 509 (508SLII), 280 gal, new 5 years ago.

New ozonator: Delzone MCD-50 high output carona discharge.

Filtering cycle: 6 hours, twice daily

Water chemistry/quality: all normal ranges, I use granular chlorine as disinfectant & Nature-2 in filter/water is sparkling clear

I just installed the Delzone a few weeks ago after years of not using an ozonator. I am getting a white precipitate or mineralization on the underside of my spa blanket (against the water) and the surfaces of my spa head rest pillows and skimmer lid. Nothing on the walls of the fiberglass shell that I can see so far. What is the ozone doing chemically, reacting with what, to cause it to precipitate out? Calcium, residual chlorine? It is not crusty and scaly, in other words, the white stuff does not scrape off or feel particularly rough. When I wet these surfaces with spa water, the white vanishes and reappears when surfaces dry. Agian, no white stuff on the fiberglass spa shell.

When I installed the new ozonator, I was told to expect a little cloudiness while the ozone oxidizes minerals, bacteria, etc. That did happen and filtered out after a few days. The water quality has been very clear and clean since.

Anyway, I'm sure the ozone is precipitating something out of solution, since the white stuff started on the underside of the blanket right where the ozone bubbles hit the surface. As time goes on, the white precipitate is expanding to cover the entire underside of the blanket and has reached the vinyl pillows and skimmer lid.

Any ideas on what this is about and how to prevent it is most appreciated!