Empty The Spa Or Not?

styro

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what will be the best option to keep spa with water or without during 2 months away from home.

If I choose to drain the spa, what will be the correct procedure and do I have to flash it and with what chemicals before new refill or just refill with fresh water.

Please tell me what my option are.

Thanks

Adam

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what will be the best option to keep spa with water or without during 2 months away from home.

If I choose to drain the spa, what will be the correct procedure and do I have to flash it and with what chemicals before new refill or just refill with fresh water.

Thanks

Adam

I would think it depends on where you're at geographically / how cold it gets. I would definitely (if it were me) superchlorinate or add a bromine floater or something. Logistically I've never had a spa sit for so long, so I'm sure someone else has more info on that. I can tell you that it took a flush or two to get my spa back to ship-shape after it sat at my in-law's place dormant (but at 104) for a few months. A super shock + spa flush got it back on track in a day with two refill + heats. Also - do you have ozone? You could put a floating blanket and that (at least anectdotally) keeps the ozone on the water a little longer.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Adam

I would drain and refill....that is just one long time to have your tub empty.

Maybe get it extremely dry using a shop vac letting it air out very, very well.

When I restarted it I would superchlorinate it and install clean filters. Maybe do a flush too, but just maybe.

There may be a better way...but this is what I would do.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Adam

I would think it depends on where you're at geographically / how cold it gets. I would definitely (if it were me) superchlorinate or add a bromine floater or something. Logistically I've never had a spa sit for so long, so I'm sure someone else has more info on that. I can tell you that it took a flush or two to get my spa back to ship-shape after it sat at my in-law's place dormant (but at 104) for a few months. A super shock + spa flush got it back on track in a day with two refill + heats. Also - do you have ozone? You could put a floating blanket and that (at least anectdotally) keeps the ozone on the water a little longer.

Hi there,

I'm talking about summer time travel no worry about freezing temperature.

Let say I will drain the water.

What will be the next step to do ?

1.Leave it for 2 months with cover up, or.............

What chemicals to use or just fill the empty spa with the water and just enjoy.

Thanks

Adam