Broken Hot Springs Prodigy Built Into Deck Question

achesnpains

I bought my house 7 yrs ago and built into the deck was a Hot Springs "Prodigy" hot tub from 1990, which I somehow burnt out the motor 6 yrs ago and I just left it til now. It looks like the deck was built around the hot tub and to get it out I would need to get a crane and a new one would have to have the same dimensions. Since the tub itself is in perfect condition, I was wondering if I could keep the tub and just replace/update the electronics and motor and if this even makes sense financially. I am new to the hot tub world and this is my first post. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

I bought my house 7 yrs ago and built into the deck was a Hot Springs "Prodigy" hot tub from 1990, which I somehow burnt out the motor 6 yrs ago and I just left it til now. It looks like the deck was built around the hot tub and to get it out I would need to get a crane and a new one would have to have the same dimensions. Since the tub itself is in perfect condition, I was wondering if I could keep the tub and just replace/update the electronics and motor and if this even makes sense financially. I am new to the hot tub world and this is my first post. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

If the shell and plumbing are still in good shape and hold water. Yes you can just upgrade the controls systems or replace parts that do not work.

We got an old spa from a friend, where the tub itself was in perfect condition but the skirting and electronic parts were not.

We decided to go DIY on most of it... have replaced both pumps and the control pack/topside controls from ebay, as well as the cover (twice), and painted the skirting.

It's been a bit of an adventure in learning how to do all of this, with some bumps here and there, but we probably have less than $800-1K invested, 5 years later, and lots of good tubbing time in the process. :)

I bought my house 7 yrs ago and built into the deck was a Hot Springs "Prodigy" hot tub from 1990, which I somehow burnt out the motor 6 yrs ago and I just left it til now.

I would also recommend decontaminating the tub. There's no telling what may be in there at this point. "Nitro's Method" works well. (sorry can't do links yet, but it's easy to find on the forum.)