Oooops, I Left The Cover Off Overnight

flyguyscott

I forgot to put the cover back on the tub the other night and found it wide open in the morning (thankfully I let the dog out the back door instead of the front).

I'm not worried, but out of curiosity how much do you think this type of mistake would cost?

It's a 7', 1640L Arctic Glacier with the temperature set to maintain at 39 degrees C (which it was in the morning). I'd say the agerage outisde temperature overnight was around -1 C. Our general cost for electricity per KWh with all the extra "fees" is around $0.145 / KWh.

A followup to this question is about how much it costs to heat up the water when re-filling the tub. When I filled the tub last, I think the temp said it was 10 degrees C out of the hose. It could have been 15 but I don't remember.

Thanks for appeasing my curiosity.

I forgot to put the cover back on the tub the other night and found it wide open in the morning (thankfully I let the dog out the back door instead of the front).

I'm not worried, but out of curiosity how much do you think this type of mistake would cost?

It's a 7', 1640L Arctic Glacier with the temperature set to maintain at 39 degrees C (which it was in the morning). I'd say the agerage outisde temperature overnight was around -1 C. Our general cost for electricity per KWh with all the extra "fees" is around $0.145 / KWh.

A followup to this question is about how much it costs to heat up the water when re-filling the tub. When I filled the tub last, I think the temp said it was 10 degrees C out of the hose. It could have been 15 but I don't remember.

Thanks for appeasing my curiosity.

Using my own 530 gallon tub as a basis it will take about 11 hours to get from 10c to 39c with a 5.5KW heater.

5.5KW x 11 hours = 60.5kwh

60.5kwh x $0.145 = $8.77