What Would You Offer This Hotspring Jetsetter?

seabright_sc

After lots of research and limited space in our yard, I decided to find a used hotspring jetsetter or something similar.

Details: Jetsetter purchased in 8/03 with receipt, Original asking price- $2500. They recently lowered it to $2000

Single owner appears to be in very good condition and it's been empty for about a year since the owners moved into a new house with a previous hotspring hot tub.

It does not include cover lifter, stairs or filters.

Sight (very) moss growing on around the interior top edge and pillow. (Is this easy to clean off?)

Owners said that the cover is about 1.5 years old and the spa was serviced at that time (then they moved a few months later)

The pump was replaced under warranty along with the ozonator (a couple of times).

The maintenance records were just requested for the Hotspring dealer and should be in hand shortly.

The add said they could fill and show it is fully functional. But I guess the new house doesn't have the appropriate plug. So they said that if I took it home and it did not fully function, that I could return it. I have not asked if they would split or cover the cost of repair (assuming it's not a big repair) if needed as opposed to returning, but I intend to.

The couple seems honest and straightforward.

I'm very interested because I intend to give my wife a hot tub for christmas and it's not like there are a ton of used Jetsetters out there. But they do come up for sale in my area from time to time.

I'm a little hesitant to offer a full $2000 especially since I can't see it running, though it does seem like a fair price. However, they are supposedly going to furnish maintenance records from Hotspring.

What is a fair offer in your opinion or should I turn down a hot tub that I can't see running? Thank you in advance for helping with this big decision!

I suggest that you contact the Hot Spring service center and have a service technician inspect the tub for you.

They should be able to advise you as to whether or not the tub is in good condition.

You really need to see it running. A tech cannot inspect or test spa without water in it. I would be concerned with it being empty for a year and a half. Where do you all live? Snow country?

I suggest that you contact the Hot Spring service center and have a service technician inspect the tub for you.

They should be able to advise you as to whether or not the tub is in good condition.

You really need to see it running. A tech cannot inspect or test spa without water in it. I would be concerned with it being empty for a year and a half. Where do you all live? Snow country?

I live in the mild climate of the central ca coast.

I agree. I would never buy a used hot tub unless I could see it filled, running, and heated. You need to be sure it holds water, heats, and all the jets and controls are in good working order. And as stated, a technician can't really test anything unless he/she can turn the spa on. And you can't turn it on when it's empty.

Depending on where exactly you're at, a spa that's been empty for a year and a half makes me worry about freezing issues. In my market, we hit -20F during the winter, so it's a very big deal here. If your area never even hits 32F then you should be fine as far as that goes.

Still, I'd like to see it up and running before I'd give someone $2,000 for it.