Please Review My Numbers.

Fatlip

Hello, My PH was jumping all over the place. Ive done the pool calculator deal and here is what numbers I have after 2 days of checking with using Muriatic acid and baking soda the first day.

Hotsprings Jetseter

250 gallons

temp 103

1. FC =3

2. pH = 7.8

3. TA= 70

4. CH= 175

5. CYA= 55

6. Borate= 40 ? have to get a tester, dident use the full amount yet . 40 is a guess, used 8oz.

7. CSI .01 -0.01

I did use the boric acid after the ph stayed at 7.8 and TA at 70 for 24 hours.

Does this look ok now.

Thanks,

Rick

Yes that look's OK. You can see if lowering the pH to 7.6 or 7.7 is still relatively stable for you. If it still tends to rise, then you can lower the TA to as low as 50 ppm, but you can just do that naturally over time with acid addition that lowers both pH and TA. 7.8 is not bad, if it's stable, but a slightly lower pH would be better for a slightly negative saturation index that would tend to prevent scaling in the heater. By the way, is the CH as high as it is due to your fill water? It normally would be more like 120 ppm or so.

Since your CYA is already at 55 ppm, you should not use any stabilized chlorine (i.e. no Dichlor or Trichlor) and just use 6% Clorox Regular bleach instead.