Replacing Temperature Probe

JimS

I have a used Marquis Tub and when I got the tub it had 2 sets of Temperature probes one connected and one not. The first harness connected to the curcuit board had one element attached to the heater and one laying on the ground beside the pumps. The second harness was connected to the heater and the other probe was installed into the tub itself but not plugged in to the curcuit board. I plugged in the second harness, the one with the probe in the tub, to the curcuit board and I started getting a over heat alarm on the readout.

I then unplugged that harnessand plugged in the first harness that had the probe elaying on the ground and all worked fine and has for about 3 weeks now. I have the probe laying over the side of the tub to get a reading of the temperature of the water. I would like to put it in the tub where it is supposed to go.

My question...

Is it difficult to replace the probe? Do you have to drain the tub below the probe or can it can be pulled out and replaced. Does it have to glued in?

OR...

Can I clip the wires to the second probe on the heater and replace THAT probe by sodering the wires to new probe, since it is alreay in the tub.

I hope this is not to confusing...

Jim

:(