New Purchase

fitz2020

We are new at this but felt that it's time to make a purchase. We live in the Northeast and my wife suffers from RA. We both agreed that a spa would do us wonders. There is a local dealer who mainly carries Bullfrog products. I am in the process of educating myself on all brands and have found this site to be very helpful. We are looking at the Bullfrog 562, it is a floor model with an ozinater added along with a very good cover (sundance?). The sale price is $6800. I have read about the "dead areas" behind the jets and the smell that can occur along with the 24 hour circulation pump. But all in all this spa really does seem to be very good for the money. Another possibility was the Emerald. Thanks for all you informative post. Please advise.

Tony

We are new at this but felt that it's time to make a purchase. We live in the Northeast and my wife suffers from RA. We both agreed that a spa would do us wonders. There is a local dealer who mainly carries Bullfrog products. I am in the process of educating myself on all brands and have found this site to be very helpful. We are looking at the Bullfrog 562, it is a floor model with an ozinater added along with a very good cover (sundance?). The sale price is $6800. I have read about the "dead areas" behind the jets and the smell that can occur along with the 24 hour circulation pump. But all in all this spa really does seem to be very good for the money. Another possibility was the Emerald. Thanks for all you informative post. Please advise.

Tony

Bullfrog is a good tub. You should go sit in as many different brands as possible and listen to everyone's pitch. If you can wet test some of them. Make sure the dealer is well established with a good track record (good dealer will give you phone numbers to people with existing spas). Just as important the manufacturer. Good luck with your search.

Brandon

I live in the Northeast also. I looked at bullfrog as many dealers around sell them and I heard lots of advertising about them. Some things to note are I believe the plumbing warranty only covers leaking from the jetpacks which are inside the spa. I don’t believe it covers the main line which is the only way it will actually be a noticeable leak (loss of water). Also the jets must be placed within the pack, which limits where they can be located in each seat. I felt that if you bought a comfortable spa that you will never need to change it. That is why I personally thought it was more of a gimmick than superior design. Almost every company has a gimmick, that’s just the way it is. Just make sure to see as many spas and dealers as possible so you have no regrets in the future.

Tony

Go to some of the major spa players web sites, enter your zip code in the dealer locater section to find out who sells what in your area, then narrow your search down to 2-3 spas and wet test, concentrate on comfort and size first. Some brands to consider...Marquis, Hotspring & Tiger River, Dimension 1, Caldera, Coleman, Sundance, Arctic. Good luck.