Canopy To Cover?

Has anybody used one of those small carports, the alum cheap ones to cover their spas to keep the snow off?? This past summer has been so wet here in NEPA I thought we moved to Seattle.. I saw a small carport that slid on runners,, they had tracks in the floor and the canopy slid back under a slightly larger one.. That would be a neat set up.. I dont want my tub inside,, but to keep heavy snow off till we open it to get in would be nice.. Anybody have any other ideas??

I tossed this idea around this fall myself. I'm in the home improvement industry, and I can get a good deal for an aluminum car port/patio cover for my own personal use. Unfortunately, my cost was still over $1k for the material alone, so I ended up building a wood shed roof instead. My total cost in materials was $500 and alot of sweat and sore joints. I could have saved about $100 if I used a cheaper roll roofing, but a friend recommended this self stick roofing that save me a lot of time.

Bear in mind I live near Chicago, so I have to use a heavy gauge metal and a beam, which drives up the price.

I never saw a retractable metal patio roof before. While I'm glad to be out of the rain and snow, I really miss turning off all the lights and looking at the few stars I can see.