I Have A Leak! At Least I Think So...please Help.

ryantr

Hey Guys I have noticed in the past few weeks my water level has been dropping. about 2 -3 inches a week. So i took off the panels today and noticed water pools directly underneath the pump. I turned off the breaker and then dried the water but in a few minutes it was starting to get wet again. I checked all the lines and none appear wet and none of the folme was wet at the base. I really dont know what to do as i am kind of anewbie. I really need to get this fixed asap as the weather is about to get much much cooler soon and filling it up weekly will be a huge pain. I am also concerned about the wetness so close to the electrical.

Anyone with any ideas whatso ever please help!

Ryan

2-3 inches is a big leak/week. adding that much water all winter is not the correct solution. you may get to low and the pump turns off or burns up and things could freeze. You need to get more light and/or get in there further and find out where the leak is either yourself or with a professional. Just because the water pools near the pumps doesn't mean it is the pumps. Just start looking around. you might want to cycle through all the pumps and blower to find out if it only leaks when one feature is on. I would imagine you could see a pump shaft seal leak if that is it. Look where the shaft goes into the pump head. These go out every 5 years or more. Maybe the pump head is cracked? Feel all the nearby lines with a dry paper towel in case the water is running down one of those. you may have to dig into the foam around the bottom to trace to the source. then you will still need to fix it but finding it is part of the job and you might be able to tell a technician what parts he will need so he can save some service time and lower your bill. Maybe it is just a loose pump water line fitting?

Ok guys so i topped up the tub again and it been two days and it doesnt appear to be losing any water. Although it is still a little wet underneath the pump. I am wondering if this means anything as no one has been in the tub for two days and we really havent lost any water. Something to do with the jets not being used

Hey Guys I have noticed in the past few weeks my water level has been dropping. about 2 -3 inches a week. So i took off the panels today and noticed water pools directly underneath the pump. I turned off the breaker and then dried the water but in a few minutes it was starting to get wet again. I checked all the lines and none appear wet and none of the folme was wet at the base. I really dont know what to do as i am kind of anewbie. I really need to get this fixed asap as the weather is about to get much much cooler soon and filling it up weekly will be a huge pain. I am also concerned about the wetness so close to the electrical.

Anyone with any ideas whatso ever please help!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

What make is your spa? how old is your spa? Is it under warranty?

If its in warranty call the manufacturer/dealer straight away for advice and do not use until fixed.

If its out of warranty call someone who knows what they are doing to come and fix this problem. Water & electricity dont mix and in my opinion a professional should carry out repairs involving the two.