Clx60

idhottub

My CLX60 was delivered three days ago so you should keep in mind that my impressions so far are based on three days of use. I would have preferred the CLX80 but my wife insisted on a lounger, so that decision was made for me. The delivery people set the spa right on my cement paid, helped me unpack it and get it in place. I drilled a 1 1/4 inch hole in the side and ran my power along the inside front of the tub. If you run your own power be careful of the connections to the control panel, they are pretty easy to mess up, not much room to work. There is a flier included with the tub on how to make these connections.

The cabinet and tub are beautiful and the panels seem to seal very well. The whole tub is enclosed and it will be nice not have to worry about the hornet nests that I had in my last tub. My first impression with the lounge and jets are pretty good, but then I really don’t like strong jets. There isn’t as much leg room as the tub that I removed and I will miss the strong foot jets. The lounger is pretty comfortable; I don’t float away, good jets for the back and legs but nothing for the feet. It is a little short, I am 6tft.

This is a very unscientific look at the power consumption. I set my tub to economy mode so that it only heated during the two hour circulation cycle that happens twice a day. The circulation cycle completed at 9pm last night and the tub was at 102 degrees. I checked my tub at 7am and the temp was at 100 degrees the circulation cycle started and it took less than 30 minutes to get back to 102 degrees, the outside temp was a high of 38 degrees and a low of 28 degrees. This is a little better than my previous foam filled tub, but then it held more water. It seems to me that this will be a pretty efficient tub. I will probably get bashed because of my unscientific approach, but it was the best I could do without a putting a power consumption meter on the feed to the tub.

My CLX60 was delivered three days ago so you should keep in mind that my impressions so far are based on three days of use. I would have preferred the CLX80 but my wife insisted on a lounger, so that decision was made for me. The delivery people set the spa right on my cement paid, helped me unpack it and get it in place. I drilled a 1 1/4 inch hole in the side and ran my power along the inside front of the tub. If you run your own power be careful of the connections to the control panel, they are pretty easy to mess up, not much room to work. There is a flier included with the tub on how to make these connections.

The cabinet and tub are beautiful and the panels seem to seal very well. The whole tub is enclosed and it will be nice not have to worry about the hornet nests that I had in my last tub. My first impression with the lounge and jets are pretty good, but then I really don’t like strong jets. There isn’t as much leg room as the tub that I removed and I will miss the strong foot jets. The lounger is pretty comfortable; I don’t float away, good jets for the back and legs but nothing for the feet. It is a little short, I am 6tft.

This is a very unscientific look at the power consumption. I set my tub to economy mode so that it only heated during the two hour circulation cycle that happens twice a day. The circulation cycle completed at 9pm last night and the tub was at 102 degrees. I checked my tub at 7am and the temp was at 100 degrees the circulation cycle started and it took less than 30 minutes to get back to 102 degrees, the outside temp was a high of 38 degrees and a low of 28 degrees. This is a little better than my previous foam filled tub, but then it held more water. It seems to me that this will be a pretty efficient tub. I will probably get bashed because of my unscientific approach, but it was the best I could do without a putting a power consumption meter on the feed to the tub.

How do you find the steps/towel warmer - are they just "gimmicks"?

We're planning to order this today - love the price point in Canada and want a lounger. Also, I want a tub big enough for the family, but I'm not really a "hey, all of you friends, lets get into our swimsuits after dinner and share a tub" kind of person, so if it is not big enough for that all the better! We live right near a ski hill so the foot jets would be nice after a day of skiing, but we want a tub that's under 5K Cdn.

How do you find the steps/towel warmer - are they just "gimmicks"?

We're planning to order this today - love the price point in Canada and want a lounger. Also, I want a tub big enough for the family, but I'm not really a "hey, all of you friends, lets get into our swimsuits after dinner and share a tub" kind of person, so if it is not big enough for that all the better! We live right near a ski hill so the foot jets would be nice after a day of skiing, but we want a tub that's under 5K Cdn.

The steps and towel warmer both work just fine, but I wouldnt consider either of them as a important selling point. For us it was the lounger and the price difference of $800.oo.