Should I Winterize My Pool

Foramgoram

I bought a house four months before with a pool in it. It had a leak and the former owner fixed it for me and filled it with water. He told me that I had to put chlorine in it. I tried chlorine and other stuff but could not got it in usable state. I just did not have the time to pay attention it any more. Now winter is coming and in Montreal, the temperature could go as low as -30C.

The pool is filled with water but it is not use-able. What should I do? Just drain the water out of it? If yes, how? What about the pump, hoses etc? Should I remove them and place inside or just leave them outside. any other suggestions/ guidance would be appreciated. BTW, I do want to use it next summer.

Thanks

Not closing the pool properly you risk significanlty damaging the pool. At the very least, you'll have a bigger mess to take care of next season.

If you plan on using this pool in the future, then I agree it is wise to pay to have some one close it up for you (and teach you the basics of closing, opening and water care). Once you have a better understanding on how to maintain your pool you should be able to open and close it yourselfe, if you choose to.

Yes, winterize your pool properly or you might pay for it in Spring.

http://www.clean-pool-and-spa.com/pool-winterization.html