Should I Wait To Buy Products For New Hot Tub?

Fatlip

Hello, im waiting on my 2009 Jetsetter to be delivered (2-3 weeks) so Ive been busy reading, reading and more reading on pool products. It will come with a starter kit from Hotsprings dealer. What im wondering is, should I just wait and use the starter kit, no calcium test or total chlorine testing.. Ive been looking at the Taylor 100 kit, but really need to know if I should wait and see what the free start up kits does. The Jetsetter has the silverion stick and ozonator. I also looked at the Silkbalance system and the spa dealer said it is really expensive for what it does, said his system is cheep and simple. Im not scared of spending the time testing, so the easy, expensive silkbalance isn't on the top of my list. The only thing bought so far is a bottle of, cover protector, pool deck storage box, and Polaris spa wand. The spa comes with lifter, steps, upgraded filters. So should I wait or get the TAYLOR KIT, what else might I need.

Thanks,

Rick

Check out my link(s) below. The first one tells you everything you need to know (and use) to maintain your water using Chlorine. Yes, get the Taylor K-2006 kit now, and test your tap water. That will help you determine what chemicals you'll need after filling the tub. Any specific questions, ask away.

Nitro thanks for the links, saved to my favorites. I have a question, the Hotsprings Jetsetter has the 24-7 ozonztor and silver ion stick, how does this come into play with testing water? Do these two items change how I test and what I add to the spa? I am total new to this other than having a fish tank for 30 years, testing its water. So looks like you recommend the k-2006 kit over the TF 100. I just want to get the best kit the first time, that will deliver my needs for the long haul.

Thanks,

Rick

Nitro thanks for the links, saved to my favorites. I have a question, the Hotsprings Jetsetter has the 24-7 ozonztor and silver ion stick, how does this come into play with testing water? Do these two items change how I test and what I add to the spa? I am total new to this other than having a fish tank for 30 years, testing its water. So looks like you recommend the k-2006 kit over the TF 100. I just want to get the best kit the first time, that will deliver my needs for the long haul.

The ozonator and silver stick doesn't really change the testing and water maintenance. They may save you some on sanitation additions, but you should still test the water as if they weren't there. If it were me, I'd ignore them all together.

As far as test kits, either the TF 100 or Taylor K-2006 will work for you.