Bromine Generator On Spa With Ozonator

caper

I have a Cal Spa...with an ozonator...three years old. It uses bromine pucks and I hate the smell it leaves on bathing suits and skin. Two questions, can I add the Cal-Clarity Bromine Generator to this model...will it affect the ozonator...and since it uses sodium bromide will it reduce the "spa smell"....second, does the ozonator require a filter to be changed every year...I don't know if this model has a filter...love the spa, hate the smell. I have a pool we treat with liquid chlorine...absolutely odor free all the time. My spa is still under warranty so I don't want to mess that up. Thanks

I have a Cal Spa...with an ozonator...three years old. It uses bromine pucks and I hate the smell it leaves on bathing suits and skin. Two questions, can I add the Cal-Clarity Bromine Generator to this model...will it affect the ozonator...and since it uses sodium bromide will it reduce the "spa smell"....second, does the ozonator require a filter to be changed every year...I don't know if this model has a filter...love the spa, hate the smell. I have a pool we treat with liquid chlorine...absolutely odor free all the time. My spa is still under warranty so I don't want to mess that up. Thanks

What makes you think a Bromine Generator (which creates Bromine) will have a different smell than Bromine Pucks (which release Bromine)?

Second, if you're worried that the manufacture will void your warranty if you use Liquid Chlorine, don't be. Using Dichlor (i.e. granulated chlorine with stablizer (CYA)) in your spa will not void the warranty. Therefore if you add 20-30 ppm CYA to the tub before using Liquid Chlorine (i.e. bleach) it's perfectly safe for your tub, and nobody would know you weren't using Dichlor.

Nitro, Bromine generators do not create the smell that bromine tablets do, pure bromine (bromide) does not have much of a smell till mixed with chlorine. If you use non chlorine shock with these we have seen no serious smell.

The way the control systems in most tubs are set up, you have to remove the ozone generator to replace with the bromine generator. Since you still have a warrenty, I would check with them to how you should go.

Are you talking about the spa filter or the bulb or chip in the ozone? All spas have filters that need to be cleaned and changed, and cleaned more frequent than yearly....???