Pool For Northwestern Ohio

sboley

Hi - I've read most of the posts in the Fiberglass forum and I still haven't come to any conclusions. Of course, my hope is too avoid issues, get the best contractor & pool and end up with a beautiful pool I'll have for the rest of my life. I've found this is a much more difficult decision than I thought it was going to be when I started out. Ugghh...what to do, what to do???

Ok, at first I was going to go with Viking because they are supposed to be the best...I think. Then I was swayed toward WaterWorld but since they don't perform the Turnkey in Ohio I would need to line everything up myself. I'm starting to think that would not be worth the effort.

I think the only pool I haven't seen a negative report on in this forum is for the Viking. We want a diving pool so with just the basics + heater, dive, slide, salt chlorinater, auto-cover (not an option, a reqmt), fence, we're looking at 63k :o which is unbelievable to me. I'm absolutely floored. I was expecting 30-40k max. There are a couple of Viking dealers close to me Shawnee Pools and Olympia Pools. Has anyone done business with them? However, I think the Viking is out of my range. My biggest surprise was how much extra all the extra's are but the Viking pools themselves are pretty pricey.

I've read the most important thing is the contractor that puts it in. I'm checking into Sun and Alaglas but I don't know if they install in my area. I just sent them emails earlier today. It's seems that most of the dealers that I can find are in INdiana and sell Leisure pools. Which, I don't have anything major against them but they don't sell a diving pool, so they're not an option.

I also have a message to Joe Ordini but I don't think he comes this far West. I'm really at a loss as to what decisions to make. Joe has Outer Banks pools on his website but I can't find an Outer Banks pool manufacturer on the web anywhere. I'm not sure about San Juan, there are alot of different opinions on that. I think they were the ones that require full payment before it's finished. I totally disagree with that.

Can someone give me some unbiased answered as to whom I should choose?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Hi - I've read most of the posts in the Fiberglass forum and I still haven't come to any conclusions. Of course, my hope is too avoid issues, get the best contractor & pool and end up with a beautiful pool I'll have for the rest of my life. I've found this is a much more difficult decision than I thought it was going to be when I started out. Ugghh...what to do, what to do???

Ok, at first I was going to go with Viking because they are supposed to be the best...I think. Then I was swayed toward WaterWorld but since they don't perform the Turnkey in Ohio I would need to line everything up myself. I'm starting to think that would not be worth the effort.

I think the only pool I haven't seen a negative report on in this forum is for the Viking. We want a diving pool so with just the basics + heater, dive, slide, salt chlorinater, auto-cover (not an option, a reqmt), fence, we're looking at 63k :o which is unbelievable to me. I'm absolutely floored. I was expecting 30-40k max. There are a couple of Viking dealers close to me Shawnee Pools and Olympia Pools. Has anyone done business with them? However, I think the Viking is out of my range. My biggest surprise was how much extra all the extra's are but the Viking pools themselves are pretty pricey.

I've read the most important thing is the contractor that puts it in. I'm checking into Sun and Alaglas but I don't know if they install in my area. I just sent them emails earlier today. It's seems that most of the dealers that I can find are in INdiana and sell Leisure pools. Which, I don't have anything major against them but they don't sell a diving pool, so they're not an option.

I also have a message to Joe Ordini but I don't think he comes this far West. I'm really at a loss as to what decisions to make. Joe has Outer Banks pools on his website but I can't find an Outer Banks pool manufacturer on the web anywhere. I'm not sure about San Juan, there are alot of different opinions on that. I think they were the ones that require full payment before it's finished. I totally disagree with that.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I just wanted to add that I've been talking to Jay from Advanced Spa and Pools about a Sun pool. He's been very helpful, very straight forward. Does anyone have an opinion on Sun pools or ASAP?

Thanks, Sherri

Hi Sherri,

If you haven't made a decision, you might want to consider the new Genesis pool from Trilogy. We are located near Dayton and have been building gunite pools, and just recently fiberglass pools from Trilogy.

Thanks,

Ken

YOUR IN LUCK!

Leisure Pools USA is offering an 8' deep pool beginning in April of this year. You can go to their website or on youtube and view a video of how exactly a pool mold begins. PLEASE take note of all 8' deep pools in relationship to how much "play" space you are left with. On a 40' long swimming pool approximately one third of the pool will be play space where people are able to stand, one third is allocated to the change in depth and one third will be 8' deep. Unless you really want a diving board you are limiting the usable space where volleyball and basketball can be played.

I would be happy to assist you should you desire. With the options you are looking for I will be more in the mid to low $50's. You are most definitely being taken advantage of because my shell costs are the same as a Viking pool and the warranty is far superior on a Leisure pool. By the way, the company that owns Viking, Lathem, filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy last month so be careful. I can be reached at 586.601.8760 Sincerely, Bob Reynolds

Where exactly in Ohio are you located? Our company travels between Ohio, Michigan and Indiana installing gunite and fiberglass pools. On a more local basis we install inground vinyl liner as well. We have a location in Findlay Ohio and one in Toledo Ohio. The Findlay location is a distribution yard for Barrier Reef Pools "Leisures Australian Competitor" and In Toledo we push Blue Hawaiian.

If you are looking at a diving pool, I can design and install one from Blue Hawaiian with an auto cover and salt for far less than 60K. I have designed, engineered and installed San Juan, Ocean Reef, Aloha and a few other fiberglass manufacturers pools in the past and can say there is a difference in quality and performance.

San Juan and Ocean Reef are bankrupt for the most part which leaves few companies with 8ft deep diving pool models. Blue Hawaiian has multiple models like San Juan did but with much better color selections. The warranty is better than most and customer support is excellent. Auto covers, salt systems, diving boards and pool equipment can affect your price dramatically based on the manufacturer. I prefer Pentair in my residential and commercial projects because of the 3 year warranty on the equipment. No one else comes close. Cover Pools and Coverstar are very high quality auto cover manufacturers and I have had no problems with them in the past.

Installation of an autocover on a 40' fiberglass shell can be tricky if installed undertrack style. We had a San Juan diving pool with an undertrack autocover installation that caused us alot of headaches. One of the walls moved inwards less than an inch and cause the cover to bind up when opening and closing. This same installation on a much shorter fiberglass pool has never casued any problems. We did of course fix the problem at our own cost and I vowed to never design an undertrack mounted cover on a 40' fiberglass pool ever again! Top track is the safest way to go considering by the time you have an issue with the cover your pool contractors warranty has expired.

• 2 months later...

Hopefully this will help..........We are a family owned fiberglass pools company in Toledo opened in 1989 installing an average of 50 fiberglass pools per year. We have installed Blue Hawaiian pools for 21 years and Viking for 7 of those years. Im going to keep this nice and simple for you. We have more experience than anyone within 200 miles of you installing fiberglass pools. We have a 98% customer satisfaction with both manufactures, which by the way I would say are close to equal in quality. These two manufactures are bar none "the best" with a small advantage going to Viking based on designs and technology. We have installed many of pools in the lima area as well and would be more than happy to make this a more affordable project for you and your family. What ever you do....please dont fall into a price trap with a company that doesnt have the expereince you demand.

Thank you,

Ryan www.dolphinfiberglasspools.com