Artesian Pelican Bay Vs Coast Mirage

filbofox

We are in the UK and have been set on buying the Artesian Pelican Bay for a few months, we wet tested the Grande Bahama and were very impressed. We thought we should wet test another brand before we made a purchase and found a Coast Spa Dealer locally who has now completely confused us, we are due to wet test the Mirage tomorrow. We are tempted by the lower price of the Coast due to the exchange rate at the minute but cant seem to find any reviews from anybody on these two models.

Any help would be useful as we are finding buying a hot tub is like buying double glazing.... a bit of a mine field!

Cheers in Advance

Filbo

• 1 month later...

Hey Filbofox,

Just saw your post on the PB by Artesian. Hope this is not too late. I bought the Pelicanbay exactly one yr ago after about 2 yrs of study and analysis of dozens of spas. Let me just say that the Pelican bay is a spa you will never regret buying. I am in SE Wisconsin in US and have pretty cold winter here. In the June-Aug period we seldom use it but in cooler times we use the spa 6 of 7 days per week avg. That means in the first year we used it about 220+ times. This thing has amazing power on the jets and is very therapeutic. The only thing to go wrong is the display went blank about 11 months into its life. The buttons all work but I had no way of knowing the temp setting other than to max it out and then back it down. Max is 104 F and unless its near zero F we run it at 102. Any way a minor inconvenience as the repair was under warranty. You won't do any better than the Pelicanbay.