Silver Sentinel Filter & Cloudy Water

JPvZ

Does anyone use the Silver Sentinel filter (from Arctic Spas I beleive)? I'm now wondering if my filter is not working and needs changing. How can I tell if the sivler sentinel filter is done and needs replacing? I was told they last ~2-3months.

My problem is as follows: I have had my tub running for ~1month now with a relatively low bather load (2 people twice a week for ~45mins), an use dichlor as my sanitizer. I am now seeing really cloudy water. I shocked the water with MPS with no result, so I shocked with dichlor (>10ppm) and again saw little improvement. I added some SpaClear stuff to clear the cloudyness, and it created a lot of white goop, but didn't clear the water much. The pH was 7.2 so I put a bit of spa ph up, with no improvement. Alk and hardness are within range.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

• 6 months later...

When i bought my tub two years ago it had a Micropure filter in it. i never had much trouble with clean water and chemicals. Then my dealer started carry the silver sentinel's instead and i seemed to be fighting the cloudy water. I was adding alot more chemical to the tub. I got tired of the fight and i now get micropure filters online. Everything is back to normal.

• 5 months later...