Hot Spring Hot Spot Slx Low Flo Reading

viperdoug

I have a 1999 Hot Spring SLX tub and can't figure out why I still get the low flow reading "FLO" on my display. I filled the tub with new clean water and cleaned the filter with GLB Filter Fresh chemical bath. Still got the low flow indicator instantly. I have one of those Tri-X filters which are supposed to be the best. Filter is a year or two old now. What can I do? With this readout the tub runs non stop and doesn't heat fully.

Thanks, Doug

First pull out the filter and reset the power. Leave the filter out and see if flow goes away. If so, dirty filter.

You say you cleaned the filter with GLB. Is this a soaking solution and how long did you soak it?

Soaked the filter overnight like they suggest, 12 hours. Reads "FLO" no matter what. Spa place where I bought it says 9 out of 10 times its the pressure switch. Will pick one up tomorrow for $45. Hope it works.

Before you fork out the cash for a pressure switch try a quick check to verify if that is your problem. On the pressure

switch you will find 2 wires,unclip and connect these 2 wires.

If flo goes away then pswitch is your problem. One question also,do you have proper water movement from jets?

New pressure switch solved the problem. Yesssss!! Now I just have to figure out why the air valve adjustment gurgles when on high (full air flow). Clerk at the store said it might be a check valve...??? Allowing too much water in the air line. Prevents air from mixing with the water so the jets don't provide much turbulance.