Legacy Whirlpool

uk user

Hiya,

Live in the uk have just purchased a legacy whirlpool enterprise hot tub.

It has a 3kw heater. 2 pumps and a balboa vl600s panel.

It was set up yesterday, it took about 12 hrs to eat up to temp ( 37 degrees c)

We have it set up on standard mode with 2 hr filtration every 12 hrs.

My question is that every 30 mins the low speed jet 1 activates for 2 mins, it's not heating as the heating light isn't on and temp is maintaining well.

Is this normal for jets to turn on every half an hour.

Also as the tub is outside our bedroom the noise when it's on is slightly annoying. It's not loud though but i'm used to quiet at night.

Is there any way of setting up the 2 hr filter cycle time for a time when we won't be in bed?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given.

Hiya,

Live in the uk have just purchased a legacy whirlpool enterprise hot tub.

It has a 3kw heater. 2 pumps and a balboa vl600s panel.

It was set up yesterday, it took about 12 hrs to eat up to temp ( 37 degrees c)

We have it set up on standard mode with 2 hr filtration every 12 hrs.

My question is that every 30 mins the low speed jet 1 activates for 2 mins, it's not heating as the heating light isn't on and temp is maintaining well.

Is this normal for jets to turn on every half an hour.

Also as the tub is outside our bedroom the noise when it's on is slightly annoying. It's not loud though but i'm used to quiet at night.

Is there any way of setting up the 2 hr filter cycle time for a time when we won't be in bed?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given.

With Balboa systems in standard mode the pump will turn on to sample the water temp, to see if if needs to heat.

If the the control panel has a time button on it you can set the exact time you want to filter cycles to run, if not at the time of day you want the filter cycle to start say 3 pm turn the breaker off and then back on. Now the filter cylces will run about 3 pm and 3 Am.

To stop it running every 30 min use the economy mode, it will only heat during a filter cycle.

Thanks for the reply , that's just what we thought it was doing, checking temp.

So there is different systems where some like ours filter for a certain amount of time each day and others that filter continuously, 24 hr, on a quiet pump, is that right?

Which system is best?

If we set up the tub in eco mode how much temp would you expect it to lose in the 10 hours it's not heating?

If we could set up the filter system to work in late afternoon i wonder if we would have a good enough temp after the two hours for when we would want to use it, early evening.

Do you think it would be feasible to have the tub in standard mode during the day and switch to eco mode at night so i dont have to hear the pump cutting in & out at night?

Thanks for any replies