Wondering About The Pulsar System

Hello, I take care of a few commercial pools that are currently running on Trichlor. I have constant problems with high CYA and low TA and PH. I have read a little about the PULSAR chlorine. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this stuff. I live in an area that is very hot and the pool get slammed all summer long. I would like to find a different way to chlorinate these pools. I have looked into commercial SWG's and they are way to expensive. If anyone knows of a better way, please let me know.

Thanks.

In my area (high calcium hardness) there was an outfit that installed calcium hypochlorite tablet feeders on several commercial pools and in a short time they had scaled all the filters. Good salesman that they were they then sold the customers new filters. Too bad the customers did not all know each other and compare notes. How did I find out? I knew the guy that was supplying controllers to the outfit and he told me all about it. I have heard similar stories (from others) several times over the years. They may work just fine in low hardness areas but I would not know.

I have had success using liguid chlorine/bleach (with a feeder) and acid in pools over 50,000 gal. and combination liquid-trichlor tablet systems on smaller pools and spas. The pH & alkalinity will not get too high/low if you keep on top of it, which may require more time &/or equipment to manage it. I am convinced that neither a commercial pool or spa with any reasonable usage can be managed on trichlor alone. Trichlor feeders are cheap and (in Calif.) get the builder through inspection but then they (the builders) don't have to run the pool...