Advise On Evaluating A Pool Contractor

feltdog

I thought I had narrowed my choices down to three manufacturers, San Juan, Viking, and Blue Hawaiian, but I just found a Leisure Pool dealer that is an hour and a half away and will install in my area. The issue is that the dealers for the other three manufacturers have been in business for 10 years, or more, and have a long track record. The Leisure Pool dealer has only been in business for a couple of years. I really like the designs and quality of the Leisure Pools better than the others. In fact, they have pretty much the exact pool I am looking for. My problem is how to evaluate the quality of the contractor since they haven't been around very long. How would you go about determining the quality of the Leisure Pool contractor and trying to decide whether or not to go with the Leisure Pool contractor? All things being equal I would rather have the Leisure Pool over the others.

In case anyone has feedback on this particular contractor, I live in Kentucky and the Leisure Pool Dealer close to me is Blue Lagoon Pools in Morehead.

Thanks for any advise you can provide.