Beachcomber Vs. Sundance

brixx

Hoping someone can offer some advice.

Started my spa search some time ago and must admit this forum is an invaluable source of info to the point of addicting. More someone like me who over analyzes everything I just can't seem to get enough, although thi sis tame compared to Tripadvisor when planning a holiday! Hope my work is not tracking my internet usage...

I have hopefully narrowed my search down to a few spas and would appreciate a gut check on some of the prices.

Beachcomber 360 Hybrid includes Clear tech UV water care, delivery, chemicals, lifter, taxes for $8400 CAD

Sundance Hartford, no options includes delivery, taxes and I think chemicals for $6995

Maxx Spas CC 107 - no options includes delivery and taxes for $6995

Sunrise Posiden BX - Stereo and lights options including delivery taxes for $6780

Dynasty Spas Victory - delivery, taxes, lifter, chemicals for $8000

Down East Spas (Master Spas) Cade Cod - includes everything as well as GFI for $8000

Apollo Spas Mount Robson from Costco - $6780 taxes included

My initial budget was $8000. My gut feel right now is the Beachcomber however I would need to see if they could work on the price to stay on budget. We have not wet tested anything yet as I wanted to limit dragging my wife and 10 month old to only 3 places. Prefer to lock in price best I can before testing or risk bringing home a $15K tub that cuts the grass.

To most the veterans relief on this board I have pretty much talked myself out of the Costco tub. It does have the support of the same manufacturer as Arctic but don't think the nominal savings is worth the effort. Upon close inspection it does appear constructed to a lesser standard but that is why it is cheap.

It is too bad there is not a site online like there is for cars that tell you the dealer price so I could negotiate based on the dealer margin. Ther is an idea for anyone out there that has that data. Would be a service I would subscribe to for a nominal fee.

If anyone has any comments or feedback i would greatly appreciate it.

Marc

Started my spa search some time ago and must admit this forum is an invaluable source of info to the point of addicting. More someone like me who over analyzes everything I just can't seem to get enough, although thi sis tame compared to Tripadvisor when planning a holiday! Hope my work is not tracking my internet usage...

I have hopefully narrowed my search down to a few spas and would appreciate a gut check on some of the prices.

Beachcomber 360 Hybrid includes Clear tech UV water care, delivery, chemicals, lifter, taxes for $8400 CAD

Sundance Hartford, no options includes delivery, taxes and I think chemicals for $6995

Sunrise Posiden BX - Stereo and lights options including delivery taxes for $6780

Down East Spas (Master Spas) Cade Cod - includes everything as well as GFI for $8000

My initial budget was $8000. My gut feel right now is the Beachcomber however I would need to see if they could work on the price to stay on budget. We have not wet tested anything yet as I wanted to limit dragging my wife and 10 month old to only 3 places. Prefer to lock in price best I can before testing or risk bringing home a $15K tub that cuts the grass.

To most the veterans relief on this board I have pretty much talked myself out of the Costco tub. It does have the support of the same manufacturer as Arctic but don't think the nominal savings is worth the effort. Upon close inspection it does appear constructed to a lesser standard but that is why it is cheap.

It is too bad there is not a site online like there is for cars that tell you the dealer price so I could negotiate based on the dealer margin. Ther is an idea for anyone out there that has that data. Would be a service I would subscribe to for a nominal fee.

Marc

The price for the 360 Hybrid with the items you mentioned seems very good...in BC it would sell for $8600 to $8975....considering it has to be shipped across the country not too bad.. its all the add ons that bump it up...cover lift $249, ClearTech $699, water care $169, Delivery $350 taxes $823.

Its a nice tub...you wont be dissapointed.

Marc

The price for the 360 Hybrid with the items you mentioned seems very good...in BC it would sell for $8600 to $8975....considering it has to be shipped across the country not too bad.. its all the add ons that bump it up...cover lift $249, ClearTech $699, water care $169, Delivery $350 taxes $823.

Thanks for the feedback Hotrod. I am taking the wife to have a look at it tonight. It is a bit more than I planned to spend but we will see what else the salesman can do. Could take the Cleartech out to save money but I prefer not if it will reduce the chemical usage.

Not sure if their energy efficiency claims are realistic at less than $10 per month in Ontario however I planned on $30 a month going into this so quite a margin of error.

Marc

Marc

Thanks for the feedback Hotrod. I am taking the wife to have a look at it tonight. It is a bit more than I planned to spend but we will see what else the salesman can do. Could take the Cleartech out to save money but I prefer not if it will reduce the chemical usage.

Not sure if their energy efficiency claims are realistic at less than $10 per month in Ontario however I planned on $30 a month going into this so quite a margin of error.

Marc

The energy cost are accurate based on certain criteria....even if the criteria changes your $30 mark is safe....The cleartech will reduce the amount of Bromine or Chlorine you need to use which is good...it can be installed after if you find the water care program your on difficult....the upgraded guarantee is not a bad thing...it provides a bit more piece of mind .