Apollo Spas

brixx

A further update on my Apollo Mt Robson. Within a couple of days of my original post I noticed a small leak on the corner of the tub nearest the topside control panel. I contacted Costco who immediately put me in touch with the Artic Spa people in Alberta. A tech showed up later that night.

The problem appears to be a check valve which was supposed to be on the line between the Ozone

generator and the tub was not installed at the plant. Thus, water is backing up into the Ozone line and dripping from the bottom of the Ozone generator. A new valve in enroute and will be installed as soon as it arrives.

My overall impression of the tub remains very positive. My dealings so far with Artic Spa support has been very good as well. A little diasapointed with the Ozone leak ,however, hopefully a one off situation.

Hi Samboni,

I also live in the St. John's area and was looking at one of the Apollo ht's at Costco yesterday. What are your thoughts so far and any idea yet as to what the tub is costing per month? I always here numbers but nothing this close to home.

Thanks.

I am very pleased with the Apollo Mount Robson. I am even more pleased that I bought it for $6000 as soon as it hit the floor at Costco. If I am not mistaken, the Apollo Voyager with 40 jets and one 5hp Italian pump is listed at $7500. The Mount Robson has virtually the same specs with 60 jets and two 5 hp Italian pumps.

As far as cost of operation........... I can't really make an accurate assessment yet as I have been up and running for only two months in the middle of Summer. One general observation is that the heater appears to run considerably less than the heater in my previous tub. However, that is just a gut feeling and I will be able to know for certain in a few months when I run my monthly heating bill numbers for last year against the numbers for this year.

Although I am not a tub expert I have a background in construction and do profess to be a decent handyman. If I compare my old tub to the Apollo it becomes a night and day deal. The previous Costco Platinum tub was slapped together. The Apollo is tight and well built. Whether or not it will stand up to the rigors of our Nfld test climate environment remains to be seen. For the price I paid.................... I will take my chances. The extra $$ I didn't spend on the "big water heater" I spent on a Honda Snow Blower. That's a debate left for another time.

I looked at the spa at Costco in St. John's as well but I couldn't see the inside of the HT. I am very interested about how this HT is insulated, ie. does it have the blown in dense foam, insulation blanket, etc? This is a key selling feature for me and I would like more information about the insulation package. I contacted the company and they emailed me a pamphlet for this spa but it doesn't give particulars about how it is insulated. It does on their Northern insulation package which sounds good but I was hoping you could give me some info on how it is insulated? Thanks

The tub has blown in/on insulation that is certainly thicker than the layer on my old tub. How it would compare to so called higher end tubs I really can't say. There is also some foil insulation on the inside of the panels that appear to be stuffed with some fibre insulation. Just got my light bill for August and if I make the asumption that my average usage excluding the HT was comparable to August 08........the Apollo is definitely cheaper to operate as the bill was much less this past month. Again tough call at this point. When I get more months under my ever expanding belt............I will have a more definitive comparison. It may not be of much use really come to think of it as the old Platinium tub may have been an energy pig. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

A further update on my Apollo Mt Robson. Within a couple of days of my original post I noticed a small leak on the corner of the tub nearest the topside control panel. I contacted Costco who immediately put me in touch with the Artic Spa people in Alberta. A tech showed up later that night.

The problem appears to be a check valve which was supposed to be on the line between the Ozone

generator and the tub was not installed at the plant. Thus, water is backing up into the Ozone line and dripping from the bottom of the Ozone generator. A new valve in enroute and will be installed as soon as it arrives.

My overall impression of the tub remains very positive. My dealings so far with Artic Spa support has been very good as well. A little diasapointed with the Ozone leak ,however, hopefully a one off situation.

Hi Samboni,

I also live in the St. John's area and was looking at one of the Apollo ht's at Costco yesterday. What are your thoughts so far and any idea yet as to what the tub is costing per month? I always here numbers but nothing this close to home.

Thanks.

I am very pleased with the Apollo Mount Robson. I am even more pleased that I bought it for $6000 as soon as it hit the floor at Costco. If I am not mistaken, the Apollo Voyager with 40 jets and one 5hp Italian pump is listed at $7500. The Mount Robson has virtually the same specs with 60 jets and two 5 hp Italian pumps.

As far as cost of operation........... I can't really make an accurate assessment yet as I have been up and running for only two months in the middle of Summer. One general observation is that the heater appears to run considerably less than the heater in my previous tub. However, that is just a gut feeling and I will be able to know for certain in a few months when I run my monthly heating bill numbers for last year against the numbers for this year.

Although I am not a tub expert I have a background in construction and do profess to be a decent handyman. If I compare my old tub to the Apollo it becomes a night and day deal. The previous Costco Platinum tub was slapped together. The Apollo is tight and well built. Whether or not it will stand up to the rigors of our Nfld test climate environment remains to be seen. For the price I paid.................... I will take my chances. The extra $$ I didn't spend on the "big water heater" I spent on a Honda Snow Blower. That's a debate left for another time.

I looked at the spa at Costco in St. John's as well but I couldn't see the inside of the HT. I am very interested about how this HT is insulated, ie. does it have the blown in dense foam, insulation blanket, etc? This is a key selling feature for me and I would like more information about the insulation package. I contacted the company and they emailed me a pamphlet for this spa but it doesn't give particulars about how it is insulated. It does on their Northern insulation package which sounds good but I was hoping you could give me some info on how it is insulated? Thanks

The tub has blown in/on insulation that is certainly thicker than the layer on my old tub. How it would compare to so called higher end tubs I really can't say. There is also some foil insulation on the inside of the panels that appear to be stuffed with some fibre insulation. Just got my light bill for August and if I make the asumption that my average usage excluding the HT was comparable to August 08........the Apollo is definitely cheaper to operate as the bill was much less this past month. Again tough call at this point. When I get more months under my ever expanding belt............I will have a more definitive comparison. It may not be of much use really come to think of it as the old Platinium tub may have been an energy pig. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks for the information however I went ahead and purchased the tub last week. I have been doing some research over the past several months and I think this tub is the best bang for the buck. Time will tell!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short follow up comment on the electricity cost of the Apollo Mt Robson. I just received my Sept 09 electric bill and it is consistent with last months experience. That is, the Apollo has used roughly 25% less electricity than my old tub. That is assuming that the overall electricity requirement for Aug and Sept 09 was the same as Aug and Sept 08. For example, my daily k/w usage for Sept 08 was 112 and the same for Sept 09 is 84. Again, it's only a short time frame and it will be interesting to see if the trend continues into the fall and winter.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a short follow up comment on the electricity cost of the Apollo Mt Robson. I just received my Sept 09 electric bill and it is consistent with last months experience. That is, the Apollo has used roughly 25% less electricity than my old tub. That is assuming that the overall electricity requirement for Aug and Sept 09 was the same as Aug and Sept 08. For example, my daily k/w usage for Sept 08 was 112 and the same for Sept 09 is 84. Again, it's only a short time frame and it will be interesting to see if the trend continues into the fall and winter.

Samboni,

I took off a few side panels to take a look on the inside. I was disappointed about the amount of foam insulation sprayed on the shell of my tub. I also live in St. John's and I was wondering if I could take a look at the inside of your tub to see if they have the same amount of insulation? I can be reached at bfisher@gov.nl.ca. Thanks

Samboni,

I took off a few side panels to take a look on the inside. I was disappointed about the amount of foam insulation sprayed on the shell of my tub. I also live in St. John's and I was wondering if I could take a look at the inside of your tub to see if they have the same amount of insulation? I can be reached at bfisher@gov.nl.ca. Thanks

Sorry I am a tad late responding........i have been away. No problem at all. I have sent you an email from my BB.

Samboni,

Sorry I am a tad late responding........i have been away. No problem at all. I have sent you an email from my BB.

My email game back as address not found. I sent you a board message.