05 Sundance Optima Electrical Problem

DC69

Hello everyone, im new to the forum and to owning a hot tub so i try my best to describe the problem im having. I figured i would try here before i got a service tech to look at it....

I purchased a used 05 Sundance Optima about 5 months ago, everything has been running great until a couple nights ago. When i have the lights and both jet pumps running, after about 30 sec. or so the lights will shut off and the control panel will go very dim and stays that way but still show the readout. All the pumps stay on for about 5-10 mins. then shut off except the circulating pump. When i try to turn jet pumps back on the icon for the jet pumps show up but the pumps do not turn on. Or if i turn the pumps off they will not start back up. If i shut off the GFCI breaker for a min. or so and turn it back on everything goes back to normal and does the whole routine over. I tried not turning the lights on and running the pumps but got the same results. It does seem to work ok if i only turn pump 1 on only.

I reading somewhere on here someone else having a very similar problem with an 05 optima, and the problem turn out to the transformer. Is there a way test that or do i have bigger problems? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreiciated!

Hello everyone, im new to the forum and to owning a hot tub so i try my best to describe the problem im having. I figured i would try here before i got a service tech to look at it....

I purchased a used 05 Sundance Optima about 5 months ago, everything has been running great until a couple nights ago. When i have the lights and both jet pumps running, after about 30 sec. or so the lights will shut off and the control panel will go very dim and stays that way but still show the readout. All the pumps stay on for about 5-10 mins. then shut off except the circulating pump. When i try to turn jet pumps back on the icon for the jet pumps show up but the pumps do not turn on. Or if i turn the pumps off they will not start back up. If i shut off the GFCI breaker for a min. or so and turn it back on everything goes back to normal and does the whole routine over. I tried not turning the lights on and running the pumps but got the same results. It does seem to work ok if i only turn pump 1 on only.

I reading somewhere on here someone else having a very similar problem with an 05 optima, and the problem turn out to the transformer. Is there a way test that or do i have bigger problems? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreiciated!

Read the brand name on the transformer, if it's a "excellant" (not sure exact name, but something like excellance?), it's the transformer.