Aquatrol Keeps Blinking Check Salt And Cell?

I have a 18x33 agp with the aqua trol installed.. This is a new pool and new aquatrol.. we installed this in March.. I did take it off about a month ago because the light to check the cell was blinking.. I looked inside and it looked great to me. so I just sprayed out with garden hose and put back on.. Now.... will blink check cell and check salt together.. I reset them both, but soon after they will be blinking again.. oh the salt reading on the machine is 2600 or 2700 so not sure what the deal is.. anyone have any suggestions? I guess I will tonight pull the cell off again and see inside it.. Also what am I looking for inside there? maybe I missed something before? How to clean it too.. the manual does not really say how to clean it.. so Im lost there.

thanks

never mind.. I read online that it blinks if under 2700.... so I will just add more salt I guess.. I was wanting the level to be 2600 or so.. but I guess I need it higher than that..

The thing to watch with Aqua trols and Aqua Rite and any Goldline made machine is when you open the door ans look at the display for a salt reading. It is a average over the last few times the computer checked. Press the black button to the left of the display until you see negative sign then numbers. This is the instant salinity of the pool. make sure the pump didn't just turn on.

To put the instant salinty number as the new starting point turn the switch from chlorinate to super then back

to reset the instant reading turn the switch from chlorinate to off and back for a new reading.

can the pool stores test for salt?

the idea behind looking at instant salinity after the pump has been running and resetting is it might take a reading just after the pump starts which could give a false reading of salt level since the pump just started circulating water.

Pool stores can test salt, but if a test strip is used they very unreliable. If the they have a electronic tester then is will be closer. Lamotte and Hayward have good electronic testers available