Cloudy Pool

Upon opening our pool yesterday, our water was very cloudy. Not green. Just very cloudy. So cloudy we cannot see the white pool drain and/or bottom of the pool floor.

If at all possible, I don't want to have to shock the pool. Would it be OK if I were to backwash a few times and run the filter 2 or 3 days nonstop? Should that do it?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to shock it, but that would be what I would do... You need to backwash before shocking anyway.

Thanks for the advice and reply... I guess "lack of patience will get you nowhere" couldn't be better said in my case! Now, slightly more than 24 hours of (almost) non-stop filtering (except for 8 hours during last night), I can now see a *much* clearer bottom and clearer conditions. :)

I will run the filter tomorrow for 8-12 hours, and then vacuum the pool, and then start my chemicals (testing/adding, etc.).

Thanks for the continued help and input - much appreciated! :)