Sunzone Eats Up Cover?

Batman

I am about to order my Sundance Marin and the dealer says the Sunzone will cause the cover to be destroyed very quickly. Has anybody found this to be true?

Also, the dealer seems negative to the effects of the ozonator. She says it has a strong smell and is not easy for people with respiratory problems. Again, any experience with this?

I have read many of you praising the ozonator but seems hard to spend an extra $375 on something I may regret having.

I am about to order my Sundance Marin and the dealer says the Sunzone will cause the cover to be destroyed very quickly. Has anybody found this to be true?

Also, the dealer seems negative to the effects of the ozonator. She says it has a strong smell and is not easy for people with respiratory problems. Again, any experience with this?

I have read many of you praising the ozonator but seems hard to spend an extra $375 on something I may regret having.

An ozonator will not cause your cover to be destroyed very quickly, but it will bleach the underside and other plastic parts such as handles and the filter wier. It will also contribute to the disintrigation of your pillows. My factory Sundance cover is going on seven years old with Sunzone ozonator for about four of those years.

I found that in my situation, ozone was not doing a whole lot for me and removed the unit. I use my spa almost daily and add chlorine each time after use, so my water was getting very regular sanitation and oxidation. Others who may use their spa in a different way or sanitize it differently may find ozone to be a help. The smell should only be an issue when you open the cover because ozone has had a change to accumulate. When the cover is off, any ozone should just disappear into the air. The ozonator will shut off automatically when you turn your jets on.

You can try the spa without ozone and add it later if you feel you really need it. Your spa comes ozone ready and it is easy to install. If you decide you want ozone and are worried about the cover, a foam blanket on top of the water will help.

My experience with ozone is as follows......

I am a gadget man...my stuff needs all the options and all the equipment...with that said I dont like to waste money either. So I got a great deal on a new tub that was sitting on the showroom floor....and I brought it home. I talked with the salesperson about ozone and I got a quote..then I checked online and found it for much less....So then I got lazy and didnt order it.

After using the tub without ozone for a month or so...I realize that I really don't need an ozonator. I am good about checking the water conditions regularly...if I need or want to skip a day I add more dichlor to compensate for the missed day. Everything seems to work well and I can't justify any addtional expenses or equipment at this point.

thats my .02 cents!

Ozone generation certainly does deteriorate the cover prematurely. When ozonators became mainstream we noticed a marked difference in field life for our covers.

I would like to clarify what I stated. Ozone will contribute to the deterioration of your cover. It will shorten the life of the cover as well as pillows and other plastics. Your Sundance cover, however, will not be destroyed quickly. I believe the dealer was overstating the effects.