Dry Skin

cofive

Has anyone tried any products such as LT Velvet Touch or SilkBalance in an attempt to reduce the drying effects of continued tubbing? I believe I am suffering strictly from the effects of extended soaks in the hot water. I've shortened my soaks and began using moisturiser more often but would love to know that there may be something to add to the tub to help the skin or at least lessen the affect. I was amazed when I read how harmful plain old hot water can be.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried any products such as LT Velvet Touch or SilkBalance in an attempt to reduce the drying effects of continued tubbing? I believe I am suffering strictly from the effects of extended soaks in the hot water. I've shortened my soaks and began using moisturiser more often but would love to know that there may be something to add to the tub to help the skin or at least lessen the affect. I was amazed when I read how harmful plain old hot water can be.

Ken

I didn't know hot water was harmful...

I too would like to know something to "condition" of "soften" the water.

One of the "salt chlorinators" uses dead sea salt and salt usually feels softer than the calcium in water.

• 1 month later...

Ken

We had the same problem. My wife has eczema and I just got a rash. We tried chlorine and she couldn't use it. I still got a rash. We clean everything and switch to Eco One it was better but our tub smelled of fish. We found a product on a eczema web site for tubs call Aquafinesse. We have been using it for about 18 months now and we both love it. She has had fewer problems with her eczema. When we first changed over to Aquafinesse wow you should have seen the stuff that came out in our filters for about 2 weeks. The dealer we bought it from told us this product would clean up the tub and did it ever. We have had our tub now for 4 years and the last 18 months have been the easiest and cleanest of all. The water always looks great and smell good. Not like fish or chlorine. We have gotten all of our friend switched over after they soak in our tub. I would give it a try.