Underwater Speakers

We are into sound and have speakers all around our home and pool - no interest in trying to mount under water speakers in our AGP. Sound would be distorted plus we don't spend a lot of time under the water anyway.

IMO - have good speakers outdoors around your pool area.

I do have some real nice speakers in my pool area but I'm thinking that some speakers in the water would be nice when I'm laying on my pool lounge with my ears in the water. I'm really not sure if it would sound any good but technology is always advancing and I'm thinking some one might have come up with something worth getting. I guess I'll wait for someone who has them and not just giving opinion on what they don't yet know for sure.

We are into sound and have speakers all around our home and pool - no interest in trying to mount under water speakers in our AGP. Sound would be distorted plus we don't spend a lot of time under the water anyway.

IMO - have good speakers outdoors around your pool area.

I had googled this subject once myself and it seems to be a real challenge - real expensive too - to get any kind of sound quality underwater.

This year I found this at Leslie's. $99 doesn't sound bad for a "submersible, wireless, speaker" of any kind, but I can't imagine the quality is any good.

If you (or any lurkers out there) try this be sure and lets us know.

P.S. What kind of BMW? I drove a GS1150 Adventure and GS1100 for a lot of kilometers in Germany a couple of years ago and I sure do miss those bikes!

I had an '85 K100RT that I loved and an '03 K1200LTC that I didn't love. I now ride a Harley that I love!

I had googled this subject once myself and it seems to be a real challenge - real expensive too - to get any kind of sound quality underwater.

This year I found this at Leslie's. $99 doesn't sound bad for a "submersible, wireless, speaker" of any kind, but I can't imagine the quality is any good.

If you (or any lurkers out there) try this be sure and lets us know.

P.S. What kind of BMW? I drove a GS1150 Adventure and GS1100 for a lot of kilometers in Germany a couple of years ago and I sure do miss those bikes!

• 4 weeks later...

Underwater speakers are only beneficial if you have special underwater ears.

Since I only came with the standard human ears, I only hear clicks and pops under water. Everything else sounds muted. Save your money for a bitchin margarita machine.

I saw a set of underwater speakers about 20 years ago but couldn't tell you who the mfg was. I know they had problems with them leaking which, in an inground concrete pool with the speakers built into the wall, was a major issue. I know they were horribly expensive then (former pro athlete's home) but they did sound cool. You're probably much better off getting the patio or landcape speakers & the margarita machine as mentioned above.