Filter Effectiveness

sjr19

Hey all,

New to the forums, alot of helpful info here. I have a question.

We moved into our house late summer last year, so this is my first time actually opening the pool. So far everything has been fine, the pool water cleared right up from the initial opening and the shocking went fine, etc. I'm just concerned about the amount of floating debris i see in the water. I have a Hayward Regenex filter and i did clean it before opening, the cartridge was fine. The pressure gauge is consistently below 10 psi, however the return is putting out good force. Should I be concerned? Am I just not leaving the filter on long enough every day?

Thanks for your time

Hey all,

New to the forums, alot of helpful info here. I have a question.

We moved into our house late summer last year, so this is my first time actually opening the pool. So far everything has been fine, the pool water cleared right up from the initial opening and the shocking went fine, etc. I'm just concerned about the amount of floating debris i see in the water. I have a Hayward Regenex filter and i did clean it before opening, the cartridge was fine. The pressure gauge is consistently below 10 psi, however the return is putting out good force. Should I be concerned? Am I just not leaving the filter on long enough every day?

Thanks for your time

No personal experience with RegenX filters - what make, model is your pump?

What are dimensions of your pool? How old is the pressure gauge? Floating debris?? If the particles are large enough for you to use a net and scoop a lot of out then do that - otherwise, the skimmer should clean the water if run enough hours and if the filter is clean and intact.

Pretty much if the PH and other chemistry levels are good and sanitizer level kept up and filter kept clean and pump is operated enough to cycle total pool water at least once through the filter and water stays crystal clean and clear then I wouldn't be concerned.

we really dont have any trees around our pool so we dont have issues with debris at all.. however after a good wind storm and such we get enough that I have to skim out.. The one little skimmer can't keep up with that anyway.. I have read that actually for me a 18x33 AG should or could have 2 skimmers and 2 jets.. but we have one and the return pretty much right next to the skimmer which we found out later that is not really the best place for it.. but that is how the installer did it.. we had no idea at the time.